Success of a food addict.

Options
KatyRing
KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
I stopped lying to myself and realized I was addicted to food. I said no more and I am changing my life. Down almost 70lbs now... But this post is about my moment of realization and of how dam proud of myself for what I did tonight. So proud that I actully teared up. I went to a movie this evening by myself. Something I do a few times a year just to get away by myself sometimes. Well usually this food addict gets a large popcorn nachos and some candy all to herself. I mean I could have right? No one is here with me... My husband would never know right? NO!!! Not anymore I went to that counter fought the urge and knowing I had already completed my food journal for the day got my large water and went to my movie. I walked away telling mysf how proud I was of myself!!! I finally feel I am becoming the person I want to be.

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! That is an AWESOME accomplishment! I don't know if I would have been able to resist. Good on you!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    AWESOME job!!!!
  • jnrgreene
    jnrgreene Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Job, I know how hard it can be to be good when no one is watching!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Wow!! thats awesome...that really shows that besides learning to eat better and losing weight, SELF CONTROL is something we all gain on this journey!!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    that is truly amazing !do u happen to have any tips for those who are struggling ?
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    YO GO GIRL. I'm right there with ya. I miss the popcorn and nachos, but I love the compliments, smaller clothes and feeling better more than the food!
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    That's dedication! kudos!
  • nilla32zoe
    Options
    that is awesome will power! add me, i am a foodie too!
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is self control. Don't know that I could have done that. You should be VERY proud of yourself.
  • lxspollack
    Options
    My hat is off to you! What a wonderful accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself, you deserve it! I am proud of you too! What a great success! Not sure I would have been so strong in the same situation.
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    That's amazing. I can't say I'd be able to do the same right now. Way to go!!!
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wrote my reasons why I want to lose weight Down. And every time I wanna give in I quote that list in my head. Please everyone feel free to add me as a friend... My list is on my profile.
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I would be tempted to buy the food and consume it too! Excellent self-control!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!