Keto!

Options
Trying to do the Keto diet, I’m down to about 38g of carbs a day. It’s only my second day and feeling motivated!

I’m looking for other people doing the Keto diet so we can support each other!

Does anyone else find it hard to reach calorie goals on Keto?

Replies

• Burroughs1984
    Burroughs1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yes sooooo hard !!
  • JenniferLiukonen
    Options
    Yes! I don't understand the counting macros. And I've been trying hard to stay under 20g of carbs a day but it's almost impossible.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    20 grams is if your doing intermittent fasting. They say do around 40 net carbs a day.
  • wayneslusher
    wayneslusher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing keto for a little while. My calories are at about 2,400 right now, currently doing a cut!! But my macros are less then 20 total carbs, about 100 protein, about 213 fat. I’m at about 81% fat and like 3% carbs and 16% protein. Anyone ever needs help just message me and I can answer most questions. Not a professional by any means but I do know a decent amount of knowledge.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I took a step back recently (just bad moment) but back on the wagon again as I love it.
    I net 20 g carbs and also do some IF.
    Basically from 10pm -12am
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since June 5th... I track through the carb manager app, it has me at 17g net carbs, 106g fat, 85g protein and 1366 calories per day. I also do IF 16:8 my eating window is 12pm-8pm daily. I struggled in the beginning getting in all my fats and lowering my net carbs. It takes some tweaking and some research but I did get the hang of it and really do love this WOE. I really only started this because i had some unexplained ankle swelling and joint pain for over a year. A friend of mine who is an RN recommended i try Keto. Within two and half weeks the swelling was gone and by week 3 the pain was completely gone, the 25lbs gone wasn't too shabby either B)

I have about 25-30lbs to go, but I really have no desire to give up this way of eating once I hit goal. Feel free to add me, love having like minded keto friends.
  • MotherTruckerKeto
    Options
    I’ve been doing KETO since May 5, 2018. So just about 123 days now. It took some tweaking to get the macros right. I still have problems with making the calorie count. That said though I’ve shed 26 pounds with absolutely no exercise. I develop KETO recipes, log in everyday & support folks where I can. Add me anytime! ♥️♥️
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trying to do the Keto diet, I’m down to about 38g of carbs a day. It’s only my second day and feeling motivated!

I’m looking for other people doing the Keto diet so we can support each other!

Does anyone else find it hard to reach calorie goals on Keto?

38g is a good place to start. It will, however, take a while for you to manage your cals and macros. I too had a hard time getting the macros right, cal count not that hard for me.

What is your calorie and macro count?
  • barberz83
    barberz83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I swear by Keto it has totally changed my life, my weight had gotten out of control and up to 267lbs, unable to exercise due to chronic pain I started Keto 2 years ago and have been on and off mostly on but have got my weight down too 180lbs just by diet alone and no exercise after that weight was off I felt like a new person I felt excited to start each day and had tons of energy and my chronic pain was almost completely gone no I have started light exercise still eating Keto and now down to 162lbs. Before and after pic attached. Almost totally happy with my body just a little more to gomprdtexu91nq.jpeg
    fv7g4t1z3bei.jpeg
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm going to try and get back into keto starting tomorrow. I was in it for 6 months once and loved every minute of it! Add me and we can support each other.
  • Mzfadeke2012
    Mzfadeke2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m 21 days in on Keto and I find it hard to meet my daily Macro goals but I’ve been keeping it extremely low carbs. I guess I will understand my macros along the way.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is keeping in Ketos and its VERY different for everyone. Do NOT by any means compare your journey to others. Some drop lbs right away and others have gradual weight loss. #Itsyourjourney
  • Strawberrygrl
    Strawberrygrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been doing (strict) keto for about a month and a half, but in the last couple of days I decided to do lazy keto instead. I was stressing out way too much about having to keep up with macros for fat and protein, and I was making myself sick by being forced to keep up with calories (to appease the MFP log of 1000 calories or more) or meet the fat/protein max amount. Some days I would be hungry but not able to eat more because I maxed fat and/or protein out already. It was just too much. Now I just eat when I am hungry, stop when I am not, and hope for the best.

I have my carb limit at 20 g per day, but most often I will stay under 17 g. I have been getting hungry less and less and I am doing intermittent fasting every day as well, so I only eat small portions during my one meal of the day and I will eat snacks when I get hungry.

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • tommy619
    tommy619 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto just over four months and lost almost 25 lbs. I also incorporate IF as well. This diet combo is by far the easiest diet I've tried!
    Stay motivated!👍✌️
  • sjfugatt1
    sjfugatt1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto off and on (mainly on during the week), but I really don't have any support at home from my family so it's really hard to stick to it. I have been trying several recipes and sticking with it this week and seem to be doing pretty good. I'm still learning about the macros. Anyone wanting to befriend a fellow Keto "dieter", I'd love to add you. Maybe we could help each other out.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey I have an open diary and post pics of my food a lot. I do 20 net carbs and I have no problem reaching my calorie goals (wish I did!) feel free to friend me
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Keto here too, happy to help support or join with others if they would like it :) I'm about 2 solid weeks into it so far and also learning and getting better at it.
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been doing (strict) keto for about a month and a half, but in the last couple of days I decided to do lazy keto instead. I was stressing out way too much about having to keep up with macros for fat and protein, and I was making myself sick by being forced to keep up with calories (to appease the MFP log of 1000 calories or more) or meet the fat/protein max amount. Some days I would be hungry but not able to eat more because I maxed fat and/or protein out already. It was just too much. Now I just eat when I am hungry, stop when I am not, and hope for the best.

I have my carb limit at 20 g per day, but most often I will stay under 17 g. I have been getting hungry less and less and I am doing intermittent fasting every day as well, so I only eat small portions during my one meal of the day and I will eat snacks when I get hungry.

Feel free to add me if you would like.

I see a lot of people here trying to limit carbs to an unreasonable number. 20g? 17? Not enough. Stressing about the macros is also unwise. On or about is good enough. Some days I don't hit my calorie allowance so of course MFP will not calculate the projected weight. That projection is wildly optimistic anyway.

Sending friends request.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people here trying to limit carbs to an unreasonable number. 20g? 17? Not enough. Stressing about the macros is also unwise. On or about is good enough. Some days I don't hit my calorie allowance so of course MFP will not calculate the projected weight. That projection is wildly optimistic anyway.

Sending friends request.
    Everyone has their own reality. Unless it's dangerous, to each their own. You don't hit your calorie allowance. So how is that more reasonable than someone doing 20 grams of carbs?
  • alyoh94
    alyoh94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't think 20g is super unreasonable. o: Tomorrow marks the end of my second month on keto while maintaining 20g or less carbs with no trouble at all. Everyone's bodies and appetites are different, so if someone prefers 40g as a limit compared to 15g, then so be it. You just have to wiggle around until you find what's comfortable and possible for you c: "Dieting" doesn't have to be torture!