And it doesn't fit...

I started on here in March and I was losing weight steadily and then vacation and our move to NY happened... our transition was from June-August when we finally got a house and our stuff back.. The whole reason I started this weight loss journey was so that I could fit into my bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding. Well.. I tried it on and.. IT DOESNT FIT!!!! I need to lose an inch or two at least in my stomach-ish area.. and lets face it.. I need support!! I have no friends here and I stay at home with my two boys all day.. any friends, support and advice would be greatly appreciated.. I need to fit in this dress by Oct. 10th!! Thanks!!

Replies

• I hear ya. My story is different, but need to lose tummy fat for the first time in my life. Following eating well is important, but maybe we need to challenge each other to belly exercises which are easy to accomplish. Like lay in floor or bed, hands behind head, knees raised and alternate elbow to opposite knee...we do that in yoga sometimes and it seems to work those tummy muscles. Befriend me if you like, I'm looking for support also.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I really suggest investing the $10 in the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It'll only take 1/2 hour total out of your day, you'll feel better and the inches will melt off if you do it every day. I'm only doing it every day or two as I bike and do water aerobics and I'm seeing a huge difference!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Have you tried any kind of slimmer? That area is super hard to lose. I need to start corset training my body so I can cram myself into a tiny vintage dress. I've lost a bunch of weight already but I don't know if I'll be able to drop the extra inches.
  • sunshinel397
    sunshinel397 Posts: 206 Member
    You can do it! You still have at least 6 weeks to try and make it work. Some suggestions I can offer when I need to lose inches are the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and hot yoga. The shred is awesome and very quick to see results. Best of luck my friend!:bigsmile:
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    stick to what mfp recommends and track it. A regular exercise plan alternating cardio and resistance throughout the week is key to losing the inches also. You can do it.

Moving stinks and adapting to a new place is hard. I know first hand. If you are in a season of change, it is worth it to incorporate this change into it as well.

Give it your best.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    The 30 Day Shred and watching your calories is all you need to lose those inches. I'm sure the dress will be too big by October if you're consistent!
  • You can totally lost 2 inches by then if you're diligent with your eating and exercising. I lost 1 1 /2 inches in 3 weeks in my waist!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Don't panic, eat well and do some exercise and you should be right there by October.
    If not, remember that spandex is your friend!
  • Thank you all so much!! This is exactly what I needed.. I CAN do this!!! Jillian Michaels look out.. here I come!!! haha But seriously.. thank you, I really needed the support and encouragement to know I can do this!!