So much food at work!

Options
13»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    hopeful4ky wrote: »
    This happens to me after there are agility trials at the building I teach at. The next day, there are pastries and candies everywhere!!! The building owner and I are both focused on losing weight, so I work hard to get it out the door. I have taken to taking some next door to the car shop to share, sending it home with my young students who I know love sweets, and reminding each class to have some before they leave. I hate having to look at it!

If both you and the building owner don't want the stuff around, why not pitch it.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    There is a candy dish on a small table in the center of the work area I share with 8 people. The dish was empty and one of the managers came by and dumped some candy in it. A guy and girl I work with literally jumped up and dove at the dish trying to get there first (this is in an office of professionals working for a multi-billion$ company). I like both of them, but it really looked like someone threw a steak between a couple dogs.

I've eaten maybe 5 pieces of candy from the dish in the 2 months it was there. Thought I'd be a good sport and bought $10 worth of Halloween candy to stock it. Took 1/2 of it one day and it was gone. Took the other 1/2 the next day, that was gone. I'm personally done contributing.