Down 65 lb in what feels like a lifetime

Options
CBD92
CBD92 Posts: 72 Member
edited September 2018 in Success Stories
The second picture was 3 years ago, 6 weeks after giving birth to my son. It was the day I decided to start working towards where I am now, in the last picture. The first pic was about a year later. Not much different. The last pic = a 65 lb difference, in a whole 3 years. Sometimes I feel like I haven’t changed at all, then I look at these pics and think, wow. It has taken longer than expected, but look where I am now!

I’ve been frustrated as hell over the last 3 years. I spent 2 months in Thailand living at a gym training Muay Thai (kickboxing) 3-6 hours a day, 6 days a week and lost 2 whole pounds. I’ve spent so much time in the gym, tracking food, eating well, and at times I’d be gaining rather than losing. There have been so many times I wanted to give up, quit the gym, live off pizza and ice cream, because, what’s the point if I’m getting no results, right?

I’m posting this because, 1, I’m super proud and want to show off a bit ;) and 2, I know lots of people out there feel the same as me. Wanting to give up because the results aren’t as fast as you’d expect. Becoming healthy slowly over 3+ years is so much better than not at all. So stick with it. If you lose a couple pounds a year or a couple pounds a month, it’s all something to be proud of!

yfrxtkq6fel4.png
jzj5uiufn0vh.png
4go2p5bap9sg.png

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Look amazing!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Well done for your patience and perseverance.
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great work! The “slow” progress is a gentler, more natural, and hopefully more permanent lifestyle change. I’m 10 pounds from goal weight and it’s take me 4 years to lose about 65 like you!! So to me you are a speed ball! And looking fabulous too 😃
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!