Bruises?

Options
I have noticed a lot of random bruising all over my body,; specifically my arms and legs. Anyone else exhibit this? Or know why it happens? Do you think it's from exercise?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I usually have them but I am clumsy and bruise easily.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Try taking some Vitamin K, I really helped me with that problem.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    This used to happen to me when I was going through a disordered eating period a couple years ago. I was seriously under-eating, constantly weak, and would bruise for no reason. I'm not saying you have an eating disorder, but if this isn't normal in you, then it might be a sign that you are not eating enough.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    many times when we work out we dont really notice that we hit things.

i get bruises on my legs too..
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Mystery bruises are the story of my life. I'm always discovering a new one. Dunno why it happens (although at least 33% of the time, it's because I'm just clumsy). Sorry this isn't helpful, but at least you're not alone. :smile:
  • Kimgrizz64
    Options
    i agree with shellygeorge29! Same thing happened to me and it was a vitamin K deficiency. I had to eat moldy cheeses and green leafy vegetables. :) good luck!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Get your iron checked to be on the safe side. Unexplained bruising is one of the noticeable symptoms of anemia.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I bruise easily anyway but whenever I lose weight it seems to happen more often. I'm not sure if it is from working out or something I'm "missing" in my diet but it seems to have gone back to normal now that my weight loss has slowed down.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I usually have them but I am clumsy and bruise easily.

I am also quite low on iron consistently. Bordering anemic but never diagnosed (the doctors always claim "you'll be higher iron next visit!" :huh: )

I am a klutz and fall over/get stuck on things/ walk into walls a lot, too. So WHO KNOWS where the bruises come from!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i bruise easily due to screwed up blood...i find bruises all over the place and have no idea why or how they got there. even worse after a nite of drinking when i'm bumping into things. more bruises means i had a good time :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Bruising is a lack of vitamin b... try blueberries that are high in antioxidants. think blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I have matching bruises on both arms, and I think it's where my exercise bands were yesterday when I was with my trainer doing a back exercise.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins b6 and b12 everyday along with an iron supplement.. i thought about that already. hm...perhaps it is the vitamin k..
  • alischaid
    alischaid Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any antibiotics? Minocycline will cause this if taken too long.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i would say from exersice i get loads also that i know not where they have come from!!

just keep an eye n them tho just incase :)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time, but I'm iron-deficient anemic. And for some reason, no amount of iron will get my iron level higher than borderline..... But yeah, you're not alone.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get this and I KNOW it's NOT from randomly bumping into things, I can only assume it's from extra exercise! Haven't found a way to stop them yet!
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Not to scare anyone, but if you are getting bruises all over your body and don't know why, please check with your doctor.
    When my son was young, this started happening to him. The doctors sent us immediately to the hospital and it was discovered he had something called ITP (Ideopathic Thrombo Purpura). It is where the spleen gets the good and bad blood cells mixed up, and starts killing off/fitering the good blood cells. His counts were dangerously low, which could lead to internal bleeding if he hit his head, or fell down. It took steroids and months of blood test before it went away on its own. It can come back as an adult. They also had to rule out Leukemia.

I'm sorry if I went overboard here, but getting lots of bruises, and you don't remember hurting yourself, should be checked out.

I'm sure this isn't the case with you, but better safe than sorry.
    Good luck.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have ITP and get a lot of bruising. I have had all sorts of treatments, including having my spleen removed. It is something that is easy to live with on a day to day basis, but as Mike said scary if you get a "real" injury.

Hopefully for you its not that . . .
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Ugh I bruise easily as well. I notice I get quite a few from weight lifting. I get self concious because enough of them with little scrapes makes me feel more manly... Probably really stupid but I'd rather that then fat! :wink:

I get tons from banging into things and I bruise easily as well I've figured. It's NO FUN!