Now motivated after partner walked out on me

Options
Hiya! Has anyone else gotten the best motivation after a partner has left them? So stranger

Replies

• JessSimpkins
    JessSimpkins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Let's hope I can find one in due course who isn't a complete tool hahah
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    round___5 wrote: »
    Jokes on you we're all tools just find the one you can tolerate

Some of us are more toolier than others.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah, only nails need hammers. Some people need screwdrivers or spanners
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    But yes, I found fresh motivation after my ex filed for divorce. It also helped that he was no longer feeding my depression
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Yes. I got into the best shape of my life after my old lady left me. Then I checked her Facebook and saw that she was dating a tall, handsome chap who owned a really nice bungalow. Oh well.... I'm better off just doing it for myself I guess lol.

What's her name? I'll go slap the *kitten* outta her!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    When you realize you deserve better, usually your mind fixates back to yourself. If you’re already gaining motivation, that’s awesome and continue to self heal. Screw *kitten*
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Well don’t go out screwing them 🤣🤣 unless you want to 😜
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose for a while but I filed for divorce and left the house for a couple months and of course everyone wants you to eat. Growing up we ate what was put in front of us so wasn't really portioning myself. Now working on getting back on track. I have some good days and some bad days.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can't get mine to leave.

...just kidding, i've been married 21years.

I think if you are remaining positive and moving forward this in itself is an amazing feet. You are going to do great in achieving/meeting your goals. :smile:
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Has anyone else gotten the best motivation after a partner has left them? So stranger

Yeah, the most unhealthy diet I ever had was back in 2003 when my ex-wife was having an affair. I couldn't eat or sleep. Lost like 25 pounds, but didn't really look better.

However, once she no longer had access to my earnings or credit cards, things started looking up for me.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can't get mine to leave.

...just kidding, i've been married 21years.

I think if you are remaining positive and moving forward this in itself is an amazing feet. You are going to do great in achieving/meeting your goals. :smile:

lol
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

Complacency happens, and when you remove the comfort level there, you realize you need to get back into marketable shape. Pretty much a story thread in most marriages and seperations.
  • shannonalistair
    shannonalistair Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a motivation when you loose everything and start over.