HELP...I need quotes from people who have lost over 50 lbs

Options

Replies

• WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's all about persistence, never perfection. If you fall down 7 times, you get back up 8 and you will be successful.

Moderation in all things is the "secret" to weight loss. It's not in the starving or over exercising. It's all about a slow, steady course to a lifestyle change. Diets do NOT work!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good, as skinny feels"

What about bacon? :p
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Here's a quote I use all the time.

"No thank you."

I pretty much use that whenever i am offered second helpings, desserts or booze.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    What about bacon? :p

Over-rated.

Italian sausage? That's the hard stuff to give up.

But screw pig meat. I'll just sit over here gnawing on some cooked chicken.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 81 pounds so far. I think my biggest benefit is feeling great about myself. I've also been able to enjoy the outdoor activities I've always loved like taking long hikes and bike rides without giving up less than 20 minutes into it. I can actually enjoy the whole experience w/out even a bit of gasping for air. . My skin looks healthier, even my hair falls out less.

I've also come to a realization, that the stretch marks i've gained on my stomach and hips due to the weight loss may never go away. So now, I look at them as "my journey scars".

Hope this helps!
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Put the cheeseburger down.
    LOL Love it :P
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was living life before, but that was it now I am loving it! I am the active playful mom that I hoped I would be, my house is cleaner my life is more organized and focused, what is the saying you are what you eat, "well I was a fat cow and now I am a healthy serving!"
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am 5 pounds shy of losing fifty pounds

"your results are only as good as your efforts"
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs.
    And the greatest thing i've noticed is just being able to move around without gasping for air after a few minutes. My house has two sets of full stairs, and one bathroom, AT the top floor lol. It was killer to be 256 lbs and going up two sets of stairs, i was doubling over! That's when i knew i had to change, or i'll die of a heart attack trying to get to the bathroom lol. I found that paying for an expensive gym membership was definitely a push to going to the gym and working out (Especially one with a pool)! Or else i'm wasting my money, so by going frequently i am getting my money's worth. I also committed to cutting out things. I do not drink calorie drinks such as pop or juice (still don't), and i stopped eating fast food. Although i still eat fast food now, but only because i am more conscientious about it. Before i didn't care, if i allowed myself to eat it once a week, i'd be eating it 3 times or more a week. So i stopped until i could control myself, like i can now. I eventually got rid of my gym membership, BUT i bought myself an elliptical for at home! And even though i still have 50 more lbs to go, i know i have gone far from where i was, and you know how i know this? Because everything that i had trouble doing when i was 50 lbs heavier, is way too easy for me now. I can RUN up both sets of stairs no problem now, i do it many times a day infact!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I may hit 50 lbs loss in just a couple days.

Cross country plane trips are more comfortable.

Those darn yoga poses are easier to get into.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80lbs. Being heavier hindered me. Each pound I lost was a brick on a wall that was preventing me from continuing down my path.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible when you set your mind in the right track!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd be unstoppable if I could just get started!
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this is a quote I found on the internet it inspired me its not 100% the real quote because I couldn't find it again but I will get as close as I can from my memory ... "Do I want a coke? no I do not want a coke or any junk food, why? because its not worth it. A coke is not worth losing a second of my life, a bag of chips isn't worth a day, that pizza is not worth a month, that big mac is not worth a year. The way I see it is the average person only gets 935 678 927 days on this earth and I don't plan to spend even one more of those days being unhealthy. So now let me ask you a question... Do YOU still want that coke?"
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LMAO That was hilarious about the 'put the cheeseburger down' HAHA
  • DallasEl
    DallasEl Posts: 54
    Options
    "Baby, you've got to signal before you turn
    I think you're headed for the disco burn
    'Cause the future is in the future
    And the past is a big brick wall"
  • fluffy2sexy
    Options
    I am loving these responses. Thank you for your honesty and inspiration. Keep 'em coming.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Having been an obese yoga practitioner, and now a normal weight yoga practitioner, I've observed yoga is simply easier without an extra eighty pounds hanging off various bits of my person.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump. I love quotes.
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!