type 2 is gone

Options
I've had my share of health issues in the last couple of years. a stroke, type 2, well, that's enough. luckily my brin is too weak to kill me, so i survived.
I've spent the last 4 weeks getting off type 2 meds and reversing my type 2 diabetes. It took 4 weeks, but i did it. boom! no more pills or shots. sugar was 101 this morning and has been normal all week. so glad I found Dr Jason Fung on you tube and studied how to reverse type 2. life is good!

Replies

• CaramelAppleSundae
    Options
    That's so awesome that you reversed the diabetes.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    High five!
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment and awesome results!
  • sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    SouperDuck wrote: »
    ...I've spent the last 4 weeks getting off type 2 meds and reversing my type 2 diabetes. It took 4 weeks, but i did it. boom! no more pills or shots. sugar was 101 this morning and has been normal all week. ....

Congratulations!

I (and possibly others also with Type 2 diabetes) would be very interested in knowing more information: over what period of time had you been diagnosed with diabetes, what was your medication regime, were you on insulin or is the reference to no more shots to something other than insulin), how high were your non-compliant readings, etc.

I don't mean to strike a negative note, but I would be surprised to learn of a doctor who on the basis of one week of normal readings and on the basis of a four week period of changed lifestyle (I assume the low carb, IF approach of Dr. Fung) would support a conclusion that one's diabetes is reversed (as opposed to temporarily managed or controlled), or recommend a complete cessation of diabetes medication. On the basis of a three month A1C reading perhaps, but a week contradicts what I understand to be appropriate protocol.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Glad you are seeing better blood sugar numbers. Keep an eye on it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You can definitely keep it up, but you've got to keep it up, if you go back to your previous way of living your numbers will go right back. It's not gone, just controlled. And do keep testing, because if you are ill or stressed those numbers can climb unexpectedly due to cortisol (stress hormone) causing insulin resistance. Best of luck to you! What you did makes a huge difference to your chance of a long life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!