New/ trying 17 Day Diet

Options
Hi! I am new to MFP and am starting the 17 day diet tomorrow. It seems quite doable to me and I am hopeful. The past week I have spent gearing up for a big push, I have cut out alcohol and have been exercising faithfully. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who has trued the 17 day plan. Thanks everyone, best to you!

Replies

• tvidari
    tvidari Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "the 17 day diet"? Is there a diet plan out there I haven't heard about or is it a personal goal of yours? Just curious, because I could always use a diet guide/inspiration. :) Thanks!
  • SammySweetheart
    Options
    http://www.robbwolf.com/

Try this instead. Trust me.
  • smm2173
    smm2173 Posts: 2
    Options
    It is an actual plan, by Dr. Mike Moreno. If you google it, you'll find a ton of stuff. :)
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing the 17 day diet. I have the book but recently bought it on kindle. :) it's a great program and easy to follow. best of luck.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If it's the same "17 Day Diet" that I tried here in the UK, it was bloody hard!!

It was cutting out Carbs, Caffeine and only eating certain foods off a list. The first couple of days were an absolute killer, I couldn't get to the Gym, I just didn't have the energy to want to move. My head was all fuzzy and I could barely concentrate.

By about Day 6 the fuzzyness lifted and I started to feel like a normal human being again - but I still didn't have a major amount of energy and I was really missing my Gym time so I stopped doing this diet.

I have to be honest though and say that I am losing more weight being on here, logging my foods AND eating carbs! The only good thing is that the 17Day Diet helped me curb the Soft Drink cravings a bit, I am definitley drinking more water.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Come join us on the 17 Day Diet thread!!! Lot's of motivation and support here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279777-the-17-day-diet

For anyone interested in a rundown of what this program entails, I've posted it here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327264-my-next-big-hurdle-sugar-and-carbs?page=1#posts-4372515

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • silverzap
    silverzap Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here is the first 17 day's to help get you started
    Cycle One shopping list follow for 17 days
    Lean Proteins- unlimited amount Salmon, canned or fresh, Sole, Flounder, Catfish,Tilapia, canned tuna in water, Chicken breast, turkey breast, ground turkey lean,eggs(2 egg= 1 serving, egg whites(4 egg whites=1 serving.

Cleansing vegetables- unlimited artichoke, artichoke hearts, asparagus,bell peppers, green, orange, red and yellow, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower.celery, cucumbers,eggplant, garlic,green beans, green leafy vegetables, turnip greens, collard greens, kale, leeks, lettuce all varieties, mushrooms, okra, onions, parsley, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, watercress.

Low sugar fruit- 2 servings a day not after 2 pm Apples, berries all types, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prunes, red grapes.

Probotics foods- 2 servings daily yogurt any type sugar free fruit flavored, plain, and low fat 6oz = 1 serving, Kefir 1 cup= 1 serving, low fat acidophilus milk 1 cup= 1 serving, breakstone live active cottage cheese ½ cup= 1 serving , sauerkraut ½ cup = 1 serving can use probotic supplements also.

Friendly fats 1 to 2 Tablespoons daily- Olive oil, flaxseed oil

Condiments in moderation- Salsa, low carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low carb ketchup, fat free sour cream, low fat low sodium broth, truvia sweetener, sugar free jam or jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat free cheese(parmesan, fat free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices.

Recommend to drink three cups of green tea with every meal can cause constipation. Or take green tea suppliments instead

Meal planning- you can eat as much as you want of specific proteins and cleansing vegetables. 2 low sugar fruits daily not after 2 pm. 2 probotic foods and serving of fat daily. 8 glasses of water and start day with one cup of hot water with lemon.

Breakfast- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites or 1 serving of probotic food 1 fruit serving
    Lunch- liberal amounts of protein and vegetables
    Dinner- liberal amounts of protein and vegetables
    Snacks- 2nd fruit serving but before 2 pm , 2nd probiotic serving
    Additional fat serving to use on salads, vegetables or when cooking.