Ok here I go...

Options
danizaga
danizaga Posts: 293 Member
Hello everyone, not new to the site but new to the message boards. A friend suggested that I introduced myself on the message board today at the track so here I am. The name is D and it's nice to meet everyone.

Okay here goes.... for my 27th birthday I made it my goal to journal my food and activity level. I have 3 notebooks which I filled up till I found competing website which I started to use then I got a smartphone and this was the only free app. Now I journal everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.

So I basically figured out, that I am-
an emotional eater,
a bored eater,
a binge at the social event eater and
a don't plan my meals so I'll just eat out or
eat a half a box of cereal when I get home eater.

I've also learned that I like to work out. Part of my new year's resolution was to finally try the group exercise classes at my gym. I did try numerous classes and it was so intimidating. But I got over not wanting all my business giggling all over the place and now I don't care because at least I can follow the choreography and not look like I'm having a seizure. So now I take 1 zumba, 1 hula and 2 belly dancing classes a week.

And I recently finished my first 5k! Took me 49:19 at a 15:55 pace. So yeah, I'm looking for friends that aren't my family so I can have more support and encouragement on my journey to losing 100lbs by my 30th birthday...that'd be next October.

Replies

• 1eyekitty
    Options
    Brilliant... Well done you! I too want to lose 100lbs. I joined the gym back in June and I love it!! Never thought I'd ever say that, but if I miss going one night I feel as guilty as hell.. lol.

Good luck on your journey, you can do it :O))
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    Wow you are doing great! Good luck achieving your goals, feel free to add me if you want to :wink:
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks, good luck to you too! I never thought I'd be a "gym rat" but I admit it I love to go. Going to the gym is such a social experience.
  • 1eyekitty
    Options
    Yep its great... Kills me mind, but I love it!! Gets a lot of anger out of me as well... :O)