Wow Fitness Pal really?

Options
I have been using this app for the past 40 days straight and now all of a sudden there are features that basic members are not afforded and you drive us to pay premium rates to see things that I have always seen as a basic member, ex: carbs remaining, fat, etc. now I can only see calories.

Such a disappointment and a complete waste of time with your app. I will not recommend this pick to anyone. 👎🏽

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Can anybody confirm? If so, this is a low blow...
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Nope. I can still see all that stuff on the iPad MFP app. And on the website, of course. (Never been able to see it on the Android app)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can still see all this.

On the app, I always have to turn the screen sideways to see remaining macros though (android)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can still see all this.

On the app, I always have to turn the screen sideways to see remaining macros though (android)

Yup. Probably what OP ran into. It's an odd implementation but I get it; in portrait mode there isn't room for the columns.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm on the free android app and can see these things just fine
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Huh. I just checked my android, and every view is locked except for calories. Since I never tried that before (didn't even know that option existed), I don't know if that's new. Same with the web page.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I mainly use the free android app and I can still see all this information. Either under nutrition or rotting screen on diary page. Nothing has changed for me.
  • lylemum
    lylemum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have just the calories too. I'm not on premium and with android phone
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm also on Android and still see everything but I haven't updated in ages. Maybe it's something to do with that?

ETA on the diary screen, and in landscape as others have mentioned. I've always just seen calories at the top of the home screen.
  • ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    On the top there is a tab for nutrients and that will show the information.
    It does no my Android anyhow.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My iPhone, pc, and android tablet each display data a bit differently.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Thank you for mentioning the screen rotation. I had no idea it showed that.. :)
  • LeGypsyRov
    LeGypsyRov Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been here for years and nothing has disappeared.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    obhorizons wrote: »
    I have been using this app for the past 40 days straight and now all of a sudden there are features that basic members are not afforded and you drive us to pay premium rates to see things that I have always seen as a basic member, ex: carbs remaining, fat, etc. now I can only see calories.

Such a disappointment and a complete waste of time with your app. I will not recommend this pick to anyone. 👎🏽

I’ve been using the app since 2012 and it’s only gotten better. Not fair to complain about a free app. I pay for premium and enjoy the added features.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see! On android, if you turn the phone sideways in diary view you can see the macro and nutrient totals by meal. If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can see the amounts remaining in red and green. I never noticed that before - helpful!

mph323 wrote: »
    Huh. I just checked my android, and every view is locked except for calories. Since I never tried that before (didn't even know that option existed), I don't know if that's new. Same with the web page.

This is when I click on the "Remaining" calories at the top of the diary or home page - it looks like premium lets you change your goal from calories to something else, so you can see it at a glance.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I found out completely by mistake. It's really not intuitive, lol.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I found out completely by mistake. It's really not intuitive, lol.

I figured it out only because I drop my phone ...a lot.

ETA: Nothing has changed on my end.