Breastfeeding,Monthly Cycles , Fitness and Dieting

Options
I have been MIA for the past week on my fitness and watching what I eat.
TMI: But I breastfeed my 1 year old, and I got my monthly flow. And I did great on my first day but day2 I was foggy my body was zombie like whole body cramped.. and I gave in.
I am on a 1810 cal... I know I let myself go and aye everything and anythinng but it took the foggyness,pain, and cramps away...
I still did yoga everyday and did a 2 mile walk...
anyone else have/or is trying to lose weight and breastfeed? Breastfeeding AND on my period drained all of me... I don't know what I should do during those times.. how do i do my calories ect..

Replies

• sparkes2flames2926
    Options
    I have been MIA for the past week on my fitness and watching what I eat.
    TMI: But I breastfeed my 1 year old, and I got my monthly flow. And I did great on my first day but day2 I was foggy my body was zombie like whole body cramped.. and I gave in.
    I am on a 1810 cal... I know I let myself go and aye everything and anythinng but it took the foggyness,pain, and cramps away...
    I still did yoga everyday and did a 2 mile walk...
    anyone else have/or is trying to lose weight and breastfeed? Breastfeeding AND on my period drained all of me... I don't know what I should do during those times.. how do i do my calories ect?
    I have had people tell me I'm selfish to diet while breastfeeding. but for me to eat better and healthier is for the good of the milk I produce too right?! I just don't know how to juggle it all because both Cycle and breastfeeding takes away from your body. and I don't want to feel ugly
  • nikki_l33
    nikki_l33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you! I'm going on month 9 of breastfeeding and my cycle finally came back and it's awful! I'm taking a step up cause I'm sick and tired of feeling run down all the time. Good luck to you, Mama!
  • alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would focus on the quality of your calories during that time and less on the quantity. Listen to your body over some computer calorie calculations. You need to feel well and be clear minded for your baby. But yes, healthy choices will provide better nutrients to you and the little one. I'd consider a multivitamin too if you aren't already. Mind you, I'm not a health professional, just a momma doing my best to be healthy and set a good example for my little girl.
    Best wishes!