Salsa Chicken Recipe

Options
kemoon0915
kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 2018 in Recipes
I made this last night in my instant pot and it's super tasty and filling! You could easily use a crockpot or even the oven instead, just adjust the cook time. In the IP it took 20 minutes on high pressure (after about 15 minutes sealing/coming to pressure) and then about 5 minutes on saute mode to thicken up the liquid.
I used 1 lb of raw chicken breast, a 12 oz bag of frozen corn, 1 & 1/2 cups of medium salsa, about a teaspoon of adobo seasoning (adjust to your taste), and 1/3 cup of water to help the IP seal. I served it over brown rice topped with cheddar cheese (not included in the nutrition facts below). I highly recommend it or a similar recipe!
(Edited to add that I put the chicken in whole then removed after cooking and shredded with 2 forks before adding back into the sauce)

4 servings

Calories 210
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 24 g

kzm33zpq2oc7.jpg

Replies

• Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That looks really good. I'm going to try it one day soon. I have all ingredients except salsa right now. Thanks for sharing!
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have made that in the crockpot, minus the corn. Just a jar of salsa and three boneless breasts. You can add a can of rinsed and drained black beans. I serve over rice one night and as tacos another. It makes a ton and is so easy.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love it because you can add or take out whatever besides the 2 main ingredients and it's still good. Also takes less than 5 minutes to throw together!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Someone else posted a similar recipe for the crock pot with four skinless boneless chicken breasts, salsa verde and a package of low fat cream cheese. I will have to try it because so many people seem to like it.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    That looks really good. I do salsa chicken in the crockpot a lot and it does make for an easy, yummy meal. I use the shredded salsa chicken for taco night.