Butt Bible Challenge

Options
Ok, so I am starting a challenge to get our *kitten* in shape... LITERALLY!!! any of you who have on demand through Comcast could join in.. or if you can purchase Pauline Nordin's dvd :-) her butt bible program is designed to kick your butt into gear and help you get that sexy fit butt you have always wanted. it is a 6 wk program and below i have posted a link to her printable butt bible schedule :-)

I had started her program a few weeks ago but had to stop due to an injury (unrelated to the workout) I am ready to get it started again and get a firm fit booty.(before having to stop the program i was already seeing results) If you want to follow my progress I will be posting blogs every week to let you know of my progress :-)

http://www.exercisetv.tv/TheButtBible/downloads/bb-workoutplan.pdf

Replies

• jrecmcallister
    Options
    I have a friend who started Butt Bible the first week of July and has had amazing results. I started this morning with Butt Bible Lower 1. I love that I feel like I worked for hours..It is great. I love it and am definitely doing the six weeks!!
  • sullivan1011
    sullivan1011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have uverse and it is on exercise tv. I started this morning! She made me laugh. You must treat your butt like it is Royalty.

Thanks for the link.
  • pipdov
    pipdov Posts: 5
    Options
    i started the butt bible challenge yesterday!! i am super sore and very excited to see the end results!
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    I did day 2 today and am feeling really good..My quads are sore from yesterday, but I love feeling that I got a good workout from only 20 min! Keep at it :)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work ladies :-) I think that Monday I will post a new pic of my behind LOL i will have a before and after ..well more like a "current" since I haven't completed the program yet :-) but like I said I am already seeing results... and this morning my hubby even commented on the " lift" my butt has gotten LOL
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 of 8 of Turbo Jam and wanted to add resistance work to my second round. Turbo Jam is great for cardio and the core, but it's a little light on upper and lower body resistance training. I also own Brazil Butt Lift and was going to do a hybrid, but then I heard about Butt Bible and decided to check it out since I get Exercise TV and it would cost me nothing. I was delighted to find out that it includes workouts for the upper body as well.

I"ve now decided to do a Turbo Jam/Butt Bible hybrid. The length of the BB workouts along with it filling in just the gaps that I need make it a perfect fit. I won't be starting until the 15th, but I'm excited already.
  • pipdov
    pipdov Posts: 5
    Options
    lol that is wonderful! i am on week 2 of the butt bible. i am super ready to see the results!!!
  • sullivan1011
    Options
    Anyone finding level one upper body not has difficult as lower body. Should I increase my weight?!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into this. :)
  • wildone31
    Options
    hello everyone! Hope all is well. I have just started the butt bible on 8/7! I'm excited, her butt looks just like mine did 2 years ago and I want my perfect tail back! lol I normall do Billy Blanks bootcamp, but I wasn't feeling strong enough for his stuff so I viewed Paulina Nordins stuff and I thought she was funny and her upper and lower butt bible part 1 "looked" easy! I can't wait to be on week six so I can move onto part 2 and thhen 3. The only issue I have with it is I don't sweat as much as I do when I do Billy BlanksBoot camp, which worries me. With his workouts I feel the burn and after 30 minutes I look like I have gone swimming! I can feel the results with the Butt bible, just no big sweat.. Should I add some cardio to my workout or is the Butt Bible enough? I eat at least 5 servings a veggies and fruits a day and tons of water. I learned years ago that a clean food burns off clean. Any advise?
  • wildone31
    Options
    I thought that about BB upper lvl 1, its seems kind of easy to me as well. I increased my hand weights from 2lbs to 3, I don't want to over do it since I just got started. But I think the one pound increase made a little difference.
  • wildone31
    Options
    I thought I posted this so sorry if its a repeat.

Ok so I began my Butt Bible 6 week program on 8/7 and yesterday 8/14 began my 2nd week. I took my measurements on 8/9 just for kicks. My Bust was 38, Waist 39 and Hips 44. Yesterday I measured myself just for kicks and after just one week of Butt Bible I lost one inch in all three of those areas!!! My poor girls are always the first to go once I start woking out. God only gave me a nice butt, no matching chest (unless I gain weight but I haven't figured out how to keep the big girls with the matching butt without all the other stuff). Now being 37, 38, 43 I still can't find jeans that don't give me a painful muffin top, but who cares, at this rate within 2 months I WILL be able to!! :happy:

But I'm SOOOO happy that I decided to do the Butt Bible program! I can't wait until week 3 when I get to lvl 2!!
  • sullivan1011
    Options
    Just started level two today....It did the job. She kicked up more than one notch. It was a great calorie burn. I would suggesting pacing yourself . She is doing three reps this time and does not do as much circuit or alternating exercises. A ton more lunges, that I found difficult, but I have a bad ankle. Just as funny and just as kick a**!

I watched the video before I did it. I found it helped me get through it easier!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread?! I have been doing BB for 6 weeks now. I am taking about 3 weeks per level since I was really out of shape, and Upper Level 2 wasn't working for a while on Exercise TV. Next week I may start Level 3 if I feel strong enough. It's 40 min. each though, and she definitely ups the intensity each level.

She is so funny though, and her comments definitely make the workouts more enjoyable. I loved the comment about the "...flabby yoga butt. It's an epedimic." I laughed so hard.

How heavy are the weights you use? I have been using 3 lb weights.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started with Level 1 Lower yesterday and though I *really* felt it while I was doing it (I wanted to cry at some points), I'm not sore today. Curious. Maybe my lower body is in better shape than I give it credit for.

I'm using it along with my second round of Turbo Jam as a hybrid program and I'm very interested to see what kind of results I'll get between the two in the next few weeks.
  • msholt2010
    Options
    i started the butt bible on 8/10/11 and it is a kick*** workout. How many times a week are you guys doing it? i read somwhere that you should do your cardio also a few times a week. so i been doing an hour cardio at the gym(eliptical & bike) a few times a week because i need to lose weight as well as tone my big butt!

My beginning weight 165ibs(July 21 b4 i found butt bible)
    My current weight 160
    My first goal weight 150
    My final 135- 140 or whatever makes me size 8. (i now muscle weighs more than fat)
  • wildone31
    Options
    Hey, I'm so glad to see others on this chat now! There is a link in the first comment that has a workout and meal plan and I go by those. I mix up my days sometimes, but I do the BB 4 times a week and cardio 2 times a week and lounge around for one day. I'm still in lvl 1 and yes I do wish I didn't have these heavy leggs! When Ifirst heard her say that I had to focus to stop laughing because I was thinking it right before she said it! lol Soon my legs will not be so heavy. Hopefully after 4 more weeks of treating my butt like royalty.

Oh I use 3lb weights. But I wonder if in lvl 2 is she using and 1lb and and 5lbs, or a 0.5lb and a 3lbs? I want to make sure I'm prepared for my next step on sunday! I still find it funny that I pop out of bed and rush to workout. I missed those days.
  • sullivan1011
    Options
    Hey, I'm so glad to see others on this chat now! There is a link in the first comment that has a workout and meal plan and I go by those. I mix up my days sometimes, but I do the BB 4 times a week and cardio 2 times a week and lounge around for one day. I'm still in lvl 1 and yes I do wish I didn't have these heavy leggs! When Ifirst heard her say that I had to focus to stop laughing because I was thinking it right before she said it! lol Soon my legs will not be so heavy. Hopefully after 4 more weeks of treating my butt like royalty.

Oh I use 3lb weights. But I wonder if in lvl 2 is she using and 1lb and and 5lbs, or a 0.5lb and a 3lbs? I want to make sure I'm prepared for my next step on sunday! I still find it funny that I pop out of bed and rush to workout. I missed those days.

lvl 2 is a stretch for me. But its worth it. I use a 1lb and 3lbs for the routine. I think they may only use a .5 bumbell for some of the shoulder work. Unlike lvl1 I can really feel the excersie on the upper body portion this go round! The pushups still kick my butt. Good luck
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level 2 for a couple weeks, and the Lower 2 isn't pushing me enough. I am probably going to move up to Lower 3 next week. But Upper 2... That kills me! I have always had weeker arms though. I cannot finish the pushups yet. When you move your arms closer together, I shake a lot. I may be staying on this level for a while.

I am doing 4 workouts a week: 2 Upper & 2 Lower. I am not doing the cardio unless chasing children counts!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump