Hitting a wall

Options
53 years old and desperately trying to get from 13st to 10st. Started at 141/2st but seem to have hit that wall. Craving all the wrong things and not enjoying the right things.
HELP

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, to lose weight, you just have to eat less, but as you lose, weightloss slows down so you have to be patient. Dividing foods into right and wrong only makes you crave the things you call wrong.

So what's your height, and calorie target, and describe your diet in a few words.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Whatever you consider the "wrong things" - have some and track them. Work them into your calories for the day. If you want to maintain 10st when you get there, what you eat has to be sustainable since you'll have to eat that way for the rest of your life. So start eating things you really like even if you think they're "wrong."
    There is no right and wrong when it comes to food choices and weight loss, there are only calories in and calories out. Eat food you like and that keeps you feeling full and happy.
  • sydford05
    sydford05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm eating weetabix every morning but fibre is registering at zero. It should be at least 4g
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    sydford05 wrote: »
    I'm eating weetabix every morning but fibre is registering at zero. It should be at least 4g

Food database entries are mostly user entered. Lots of incorrect entries, so you need to find a correct entry, correct an incorrect entry and add it to your foods or create a correct entry yourself.
  • sydford05
    sydford05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks xx
  • seanthegardenguy
    seanthegardenguy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I totally understand. I dropped 10lbs in 5 weeks and then I’m just kinda stuck. I just keep going with my routine because I actually feel better physically and the thought of feeling the other way is enough not to have dessert or foods that are “bad”.
    I think you need to ask yourself why do you want to lose weight? Is it to look good on the beach? Or for a function? Well the problem with that type of answer is you’ll go back to your old weight soon after. The temporary high of that one event will fade. Also you will want to eat the bad foods when something doesn’t go right in your life.
    I choose not to eat foods or drink things that are unhealthy for me because I need to reset my system to feel better physically and mentally. Weight loss is a by product of that. Eventually I will have some dessert or really fattening unhealthy burger ect. But it will be for that one time because I like how I feel inside and that heavy feeling from eating bad stuff doesn’t feel right.
    Lastly while you are eating right and exercising what books or podcasts are you listening to? Are you exercising your mind as well? I’m not going to recommend reading lists but reading and listening to uplifting or people that will help you change your thought process that makes you reach for comfort food.
    I have done the yo-yo weight loss and I’m much happier with how things are and looking forward to just a healthy life.
    Good luck I hope this helps