Return to MFP

Options
Hello! I am returning to MFP and counting calories after a year of yo yo on keto. I lost 75 pounds in 6 months but then the next 6 weeks, gained back 20, when I tried to “eat normal”. Since then (about April) I have been on this roller coaster of keto or not to keto. Really hoping to find a happy medium with eating healthy and slowly losing about 25 more pounds through diet and exercise (after I heal, because I recently broke my tibia bone at roller derby practice and am practically bedridden now after too much movement resulted in misalignment of my break).

I just rejoined MyFitnessPal to keep myself accountable and find support. Would love to have more friends on here. :)

Replies

• shoge6440
    shoge6440 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job ! I’ll be starting back keto today as well after two months of stopping
  • carridanae
    carridanae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keto is difficult for me, especially since I can’t stand on one leg long enough to cook for myself. Also I’m a vegetarian (for 21 years) so I have a lot less options when eating low carb.

I am hoping I can find balance in my diet without relying on ketosis. But I know it’s gonna be hard. Especially since I’ve been trying to lose weight for basically 26 years (since I was a kid, about 12 years old) and keto has been the first time I’ve successfully lost more than a few pounds without it leading to borderline starvation. :(

Keto just isn’t sustainable for me right now with my injury and restrictions. I’m worried sick I’m gonna put on another 20 pounds while sitting in my bed waiting to heal.

Good luck on your journey!
  • kmyst1
    kmyst1 Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sorry about the break. It sounds tough. Friend me. I'm not interested in Keto but I know a whole lot about slow and steady weight loss.