I need some motivation

Options
Hello I’m Sandra! From California born again Christian currently stay at home mom..I’m 39 yrs old I have three boys there my life! two teens one in preschool. I been married for 15 yrs! I’m looking for good friends that can help me stay motivated since I’m just starting on this new journey!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. No one can give it to you. Here's one way to stay motivated - your 3 kids. Be an example for them.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh that was beyond sad, but maybe you'll come around if you stick around - welcome! Food is indeed Switzerland - it's morally neutral, no foods are in themselves good or bad, all foods can be eaten in moderation, it's just very difficult to eat in moderation when you're filled with food fear.

And can you explain how my grandma could weigh 90 pounds at age 90, I gather she was way beyond menopause?
  • myawsomeboys
    myawsomeboys Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I need to loose about 25 pounds most importantly eat more fruits and vegetables. That quote was beautiful I appreciate you taking the time. God bless 🙂
  • aldiseva307
    aldiseva307 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Aldis and I'm Icelandic 😊 I'm kind of new too.. well started in 2014 but took a break after getting preggers and having 2 boys within 18 months 😅 and now I'm back but have since lost 25 kg and 15 of them for the last 7 months 😊 you can add me..
  • abigailbecker14
    abigailbecker14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Abby and I'm from Iowa. I have tried to start this weight loss journey time and time again. It has never happened for me. I want/need to lose around 100 lbs for me to be healthy. I say a picture of myself today from just one year ago. I don't know how much weight I have gained but it is enough to be noticeable. I need to start now, while I can. I need to make a lifestyle change for better my health and my self-confidence... I am hoping to start slowly and go from there!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    deeds145 wrote: »
    Motivation does NOT come from within - that is what the word "INSPIRE" comes from - to breathe into. Others inspire us and light fires in us all the time. On the other hand, the action and the follow through come from within... I know you can do it, you are still young enough. You've taken action and asking for help. You don't look like you have a far way to go. I met a man recently who once weighed 400 pounds and lost half of it - by his friends taking him walking - step by step - and learning to make different food choices. He was also an inspiration. In the long run keeping on track requires also this - understanding what the "WHOLE 30" authors say - There is no Food Switzerland - so ask always, "is this food nourishing me? Or poisoning me?" Choose the nourishment and your body will right-size (since you are still pre-menopausal presumably). Good Luck!

So what age do you think is not young enough? Just want to be sure I'm not violating your age limits on top of violating your rule against getting my motivation from within.
  • leahchanel6171
    leahchanel6171 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is sujady I just started dieting for my self about a week or so And I found out about this app yesterday and so far so good I’m from sanjose ca
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My name is Abby and I'm from Iowa. I have tried to start this weight loss journey time and time again. It has never happened for me. I want/need to lose around 100 lbs for me to be healthy. I say a picture of myself today from just one year ago. I don't know how much weight I have gained but it is enough to be noticeable. I need to start now, while I can. I need to make a lifestyle change for better my health and my self-confidence... I am hoping to start slowly and go from there!
    But weightloss is what happens when you over time eat less than you burn. So of course it won't happen if you just "try". Why are you hoping to start slowly, what does it even mean? Do you want help to set up a sustainable plan?