Has anyone ever tried Herbalife?

Options
It seems to be the new in thing? Just curious as I've been thinking about doing a protein shake or something for lunch.

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It has actually been around for a while. I've never tried their shakes .. but I have tried some of their teas and what not. It definetly works, but it made me feel super shaky, despite it being "all natural" ... natural cocoa leaves maybe. :/
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    YEARS ago. . . it made me jittery.
  • shallee74
    Options
    Yes, I have and it made me jittery. This was years ago but rumor has it that they've changed their formula.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Never tried Herbalife... since the other people that have replied, said they were jittery... Have you heard of Nutrilite? They are 100% organic, all natural and really won't make you feel jittery at all :)
  • shelvyparedes
    Options
    I mean it does work, and I did loose 45 pounds but I was always hungry, I felt like I was starving myself because you were only allowed one meal a day and the other two had to be the shakes. As far as the tea I think was pretty good. So I suggest going with that to loose weight, I heard if you the drink the shakes alone they are meant to increase weight, but i'm not 100 % sure.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I am just wanting something that is in a shake form for lunch. I work at a desk all day and would like to replace the fast food grab with a better solution.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a decent, quick lunch, my husband has just started taking a Larabar and a piece of fruit and says that keeps him full. It's not a ton of calories or even a proper meal, but it's healthier than fast food and he says it keeps him full until dinner. Hope that helps a little!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    I am just wanting something that is in a shake form for lunch. I work at a desk all day and would like to replace the fast food grab with a better solution.

It really just depends on your goals, preferences, and budget. If you have never had a shake before you may not like the taste .. it certainly takes a bit of adjustment.

I personally find Shakeology is great for nutritional benefits and energy. People complain about the cost per serving .. but the reality is the probably spend that on a value meal or starbucks! However, this one is a low calorie one and wouldn't necessarily replace a meal per se.

People who are trying to build more muscle, in particular men, seem to buy a lot of Whey Protien shakes. I have a friend who is a body builder and he just buys the kind at Sam's Club or Wal-mart.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options

It really just depends on your goals, preferences, and budget. If you have never had a shake before you may not like the taste .. it certainly takes a bit of adjustment.

I personally find Shakeology is great for nutritional benefits and energy. People complain about the cost per serving .. but the reality is the probably spend that on a value meal or starbucks! However, this one is a low calorie one and wouldn't necessarily replace a meal per se.

People who are trying to build more muscle, in particular men, seem to buy a lot of Whey Protien shakes. I have a friend who is a body builder and he just buys the kind at Sam's Club or Wal-mart.
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    I like their shakes. They come in a variety of flavors. If you're taking them for lunch at work, you can get most flavors in individual portion packages. They are low in sweetness, so be prepared to mix with juice or fruit of some kind, or you can use sweetener. The directions say to mix with milk (for additional protein), but can be mixed with water if need be. I'm currently using their chocolate shake, alternating with cookies n' cream flavor for my lunch at home. I can help you find an Herbalife distributor, if you want.

I hope this helps!
  • kelseyk14
    Options

Try Shakeology at beachbody.com!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    You could try preparing lunches in advance and take homemade. For shakes I use pure protein from Wal-Mart it seems like the best bang for the buck. I freeze the night before and by lunch time it's almost thawed. That and a marathon bar with some fruit work also. You are on the right track, ditch the fast food and eat clean and fresh. Good luck!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I tried their vanilla flavor a couple years (end of 2009/beginning 2010) back and I really liked it. The other flavors I didn't care for (and I am more of a chocolate person). It did not give me the jitters. I didn't follow the weight loss plan or anything though just used as a quick lunch/snack.