What am I doing wrong?

Options
I am pretty much eating 1 boiled egg and fruit with coffee for breakfast. Lunch and dinner either a smart one dinner or lean cuisine dinner. Lara bar for snack daily. Calories are about 1,000 a day sometimes 1,100. I am 45 year old woman with crashed slow metabolism. Not able to exercise much from two car accidents and back and neck injuries. Walk nightly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Lost 10 pounds in 34 days. Last two weeks scale has not moved. Have swelling in ankles and legs allot.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hold water weight at ovulation and TOM. Could that be a reason for your lack of loss the last two weeks?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in the water regulation temporary stall phase. It happens to many people where they lose a lot at the beginning, including water weight, then their bodies take on a little extra water because it dropped too much, resulting in no loss showing on the scale. This can happen anywhere between week 3 and week 6. It is a normal process and is just your body getting used to the reduced calories.

It sounds like you are eating too little, your weight loss is a bit aggressive at 2 lb a week. Unless you have something like 50-100 lb to lose, you should slow it down to closer to 1 lb a week.

You don't need to exercise to lose, just adjust your calories to fit your activity level.
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will practice patience. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. In my younger years the weight would come off fast just didn't seem as fast to me this time. But I also could exercise more then.