Too Much Protein?

Options
I've been looking at my food reports and it shows that I have a -16 when it comes to protein. Can anyone tell me what that means? Am I getting too much protein? Too little? And what repercussions does that have?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you are building muscle you will want to actually add more protein than what MFP suggests. Dont worry about 16 extra, worry more about carbs, fat, and sodium, or sugar.
  • sekeitheswingdreamer
    Options
    Ok, thank you ChantalGG.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    thats not enough to worry about..
  • I'm new to this site too, and I had the exact same question. My protein is over 10-20 pretty much every day, sometimes as much as 40 over. If it is a problem, I'm not sure how I can reduce my protein intake. I don't have a ton of time to cook, so chicken breasts, and eggs are the easiest things to fill up on sometimes.
    I have still lost weight, so that's not really a problem. What kind of issues does your body face when you consume too much protein?
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    I've been looking at my food reports and it shows that I have a -16 when it comes to protein. Can anyone tell me what that means? Am I getting too much protein? Too little? And what repercussions does that have?

The protein setting on MFP is VERY low esp if you are trying to gain lean muscle and lose fat. The estimates vary but you should get at least .6 g of protein pure pound of lean body mass. Extra protein is not easily stored as fat your body will use it for the hundreds of different needs it fulfills. Worry more about extra carbs and sugars which store as fat!