Slimfast Products

Options
anyone use them? like them? are they good nutritionally???

Replies

• tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a royal choc slimfast shake for breakfast every morning. I found they taste much better if you put them in the freezer long enough to get them nice and cold. I usually have a piece of fruit with it. The shake and the piece of fruit fill me up until my mid morning healthy snack. Nutritionally I'm not sure how good they are, but before I started having one for my breakfast I wasn't even anything for breakfast (which isn't good)
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they still made slimfasst products. But i spoke to my mom and she said they still do apparenetly and she was never a fan of them. There are so much better products out there nowadays according to her.

Good luck
    ~Chika
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    Options
    When I first started, I used slim fast products with great success. Specifically, I used meal replacement shakes and 100 calorie snack bars. The taste is up to you, I found some that I thought were delicious and some that tasted very chalky, I feel as though its a very personal thing that varies from person to person. Nutritionally they are very balanced. They have a large amount of proteins and carbs as well as good amount of fats, most of which are healthy fats.

As with anything, make sure they fit into your daily allowance. I found them very filling and like I said I had a large amount of success with them.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yes they work, (i lost 4 stone on the shakes many years ago) but only when you are using them. The weight will creep back up when you stop using them!
    Thanks to MFP I have learnt to eat proper food within my daily allowance to achieve the same result, the difference being when ive reached my target weight i can carry on eating healthy food that i have become accustomed to and maintain.

Oh and slimfast shakes are full of sugar apparently.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the taste of the Slim Fast cans but I do use the powder occasionally if I don't have time to make a good lunch.
    Sometimes I add a banana to them. I also buy the meal and snack bars. Mostly for my husband when he goes to work because he doesn't always stop for lunch.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Anyone I have ever known who used slimfast has gained all the weight back, plus some. If you can't do it forever don't start it.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I drink them sometimes if I need a quick meal and my husband drinks them almost every day. Avoid the coffee, they taste good but they make your, uh, urine, smell like the shake and that is not pleasant AT ALL!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think they taste kind of icky,and they make my tummy hurt
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    I don't know ... Slimfast has always seemed kind of gimmicky to me.
    I would stay away from that stuff and use a good protein powder with some good nutrition.
    Mix with Almond or Soy milk add some fruit and wala!
    The protein powders used by vegans is really good for meal replacement.
    It will have many of the vitamins and minerals one needs.
    I have at least one shake a day might go to two when I slim down more and increase my workout load.
  • polarduke
    polarduke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Utter crap and full of sugar. Eat REAL food, not manufactured food-like substances...
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Be very careful with the slim fast product. They are loaded with tons of sugar.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I change up my breakfast basically by changing up slim fast or carnation instant breakfast. I'm on the lookout for healthier options... But I really like the taste and ease of getting in a good amount of calcium. I by no means follow the plan as a diet though
  • marneymac
    Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone.....i have no intention of using the products as my only source of food/nutrition.....i was just wondering about them as a backup now and then if i'm on the run and no time to prepare food.....i'd like to have some ready made product that i can use for that purpose
    if anyone knows of meal replacement bars that are really good and good for you, please let me know
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I love slimfast. I used their products to kickstart my weight loss. I lost about 10-12lbs within the first couple of months using it. I didn't even use the stuff religiously. I would have a shake for breakfast, a meal bar for lunch, all my snacks (I used fruit, nuts and string cheese mostly as snacks instead of snack bars), then I'd have what I'd usually have for dinner. Some days I would have lunch as a 200 calorie tuna lunch packet, on weekends I usually would have one or two normal lunches.
    I was actually going to get more shakes today, the cappichino delight ones, but the store I went to was out so I have to wait for them to restock. I do have the strawberry powder and it's my favorite. I mix it in a blender bottle.
    Nutritionally, slimfast is a lot better for me than the crap I was eating. I got tired of the meal bars though so now I buy luna bars, they're better nutritionally, and have way more flavors.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone.....i have no intention of using the products as my only source of food/nutrition.....i was just wondering about them as a backup now and then if i'm on the run and no time to prepare food.....i'd like to have some ready made product that i can use for that purpose
    if anyone knows of meal replacement bars that are really good and good for you, please let me know

def try the luna bars, you'll love them and I think they are 70% organic. I've tried just about every flavor and haven't found one I don't like. That's saying something because I'm pretty picky