Anything that could combat dizziness during period?

Options
vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
edited October 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone else get super dizzy durning their period? Is there anything you take that helps with that? Foods?

Replies

• Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Has a dr checked your blood etc? I’m anaemic and symptoms are worse during my period.
    Are you eating enough calories?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Second the question on blood pressure. I tend to have very low blood pressure and I sometimes get dizzy when I stand up too fast. This is often worse during my period.

Is it when you're just standing up or is it other times too?
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    Has a dr checked your blood etc? I’m anaemic and symptoms are worse during my period.
    It’s just been like this since I was a kid. It’s a bit hard to function the first couple days. Everything spins no matter if I’m laying down or standing up.
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    It’s just been like this since I was a kid. It’s a bit hard to function the first couple days. Everything spins no matter if I’m laying down or standing up.
    I would definitely see a doctor
  • vanityy99
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I would definitely see a doctor

Ok thank you. Is there anything you do that helps? Or is it just a suck it up princess thing can’t really do anything about it?
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    It depends what’s wrong - personallly I rest when I need to and take prescribed supplements
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, I second seeing a doctor. If he or she determines you are anemic, you might be put on an iron supplement or something else.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above- see a Dr!

I’ve had low blood pressure on and off over the years. I was in hospital recently (for an unrelated issue) and my blood pressure dropped really low, which the nurses didn’t like. I kept getting told to drink more water to bring it back up. So I was on the toilet lots, lol, but it did help.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Second the question on blood pressure. I tend to have very low blood pressure and I sometimes get dizzy when I stand up too fast. This is often worse during my period.

Is it when you're just standing up or is it other times too?

Oh wow, do I feel like an idiot. I've been having dizzy spells and attributing them to having not eaten enough, even though I average 1500 cal/day and have no history of low blood sugar. I think I may have lost my way out of needing the low dose BP med I'm on instead 💡

Op, I hope something in this thread helps you. It has certainly helped me! :lol: