Shake/Smoothie Recipes!

Options
adsandve
adsandve Posts: 8 Member
Hi there,

I have a whole container of protein powder . I usually mix it with water, but I find it's hard for me to finish. Does anyone have any recipes they use and love (with the calories) ?

Thanks for your help (I need it)!

:)

Replies

• CharlotteAmmann
    Options
    I use the Herbalife Shakes and add the Herbalife Protein Powder. On the Can is all the information you need or you find them in the data base.
    If you want to drink only the Protein, add some fruit you like, fresh or frozen or cinnamon, think you find the Kcal also in the database.
    Good luck
  • nitau
    nitau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    from what I understand, you need to use it up not buy more, right? I use a scoop of protein powder, 8 oz water, then add flavorings by Torani, sugar free. My fav is caramel. Other ideas, 1/2 frozen banana, I use wondercocoa which is a caffeine free chocolate powder and then pb2 which is a powdered peanut butter. You can add reg peanut butter, I am on a restricted diet.

Add sweetner if need be, any flavor Torani syrups, I even mix the protein powder with a little nuked FF milk, stir and let dissolve and then add it to a cup of decaf with sweetner or vanilla sf torani.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    This morning I used one scoop of my chocolate Shakeology mix (150 cals), with 1/2 cup almond milke (20 cals), 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (40 cals), and some sprinkled of pumpkin pie spice...it was SOOO delish and so fall like...:D
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Lots of recipes here as well as calorie / protein information:
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

Super filling and strawberry cheesecake is awesome!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze a banana, then mix the banana, fat-free chocolate milk, protein powder, flaxseed meal, wheat germ, and a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder for more chocolatey goodness. Blend and enjoy! The frozen banana gives it a milkshake consistency. :)
  • adsandve
    adsandve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Can't wait to try them..(and actually drinking the protein) :D