jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you take regular walks?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Sugar free candy ;)

Haribo gummi bears, specifically?

Well any type actually. Most sugar free candy has sugar alcohols in them.

Read the Amazon reviews for the Haribo sugar free gummy bears and you will get the reference.

I got the reference actually. They don't make them anymore that's why I said any type. Russell stover sugar free hard candies work for me lol
  • PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hydration?

1 gallon at least daily

That amount of fluid over a period of time can deplete your electrolytes. Are you getting enough sodium, magnesium, calcium, and potassium?

I'm part asian so 99% of the time I eat home cooked meals it's high in sodium
  • PlasticGains
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I'm hoping everything came out ok for the OP.

:( I tried nearly everything suggested. No progress yet :(((
  • PlasticGains
    Options
    starkspot wrote: »
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Try a tablespoon of psyllium husk a day mixed with at least 8oz of water. I've been taking it for years and having a health bm every morning at exactly 6:30 Am. ( Just wish I could wake up before 7 ). Slowly ( a couple of weeks) to 2 tbsp a day and you'll be "good to go"... So to speak.

Never had an issue with constipation until I started working out 6 days a week. MFP was saying I needed 30g of dietary fiber per day, and that didn’t even start to get things moving. I upped my fiber intake to 60-100g per day with the food I was eating (lots of blackberries in protein shakes), and that helped, but still not quite “regular.” One dose of psyllium husk powder per day fixed the problem.

Oh shoot so if you work out for a longer time you need more fiber? Do you need more of anything else? Like magnesium etc..
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Apple juice and a walk.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    starkspot wrote: »
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Try a tablespoon of psyllium husk a day mixed with at least 8oz of water. I've been taking it for years and having a health bm every morning at exactly 6:30 Am. ( Just wish I could wake up before 7 ). Slowly ( a couple of weeks) to 2 tbsp a day and you'll be "good to go"... So to speak.

Never had an issue with constipation until I started working out 6 days a week. MFP was saying I needed 30g of dietary fiber per day, and that didn’t even start to get things moving. I upped my fiber intake to 60-100g per day with the food I was eating (lots of blackberries in protein shakes), and that helped, but still not quite “regular.” One dose of psyllium husk powder per day fixed the problem.

Oh shoot so if you work out for a longer time you need more fiber? Do you need more of anything else? Like magnesium etc..

If you don't already have Fiber in your diary, swap out Sodium or Sugar for it and make sure you hit your fiber goal.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

While you're in there, change your Diary Sharing to Public so we can give you better advice.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    MIRALAX! Thank me later ;)
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Go see your Dr.

I have IBS and was put on a low FODMAP elimination diet to see what was causing my symptoms. The list of fruits you mentioned are almost all high FODMAP. My GI system doesn't process sorbitol, lactose and certain fructans properly leading to bloat and constipation. Almost all stone fruits are high in sorbitol. Watermelon is high in 3 different kinds of FODMAPS.

People with IBS either have loose stools or constipation. This may or may not be your issue but if it is you need to dial back/ eliminate the high FODMAP foods until your GI system calms down. Then you can test individual FODMAPS to see what is causing you problems and reincorporate foods that your body can process.

Bottom line see a Dr or a GI Dr.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I used to be constipated all the time until I got a free sample box of Align probiotics. i took the whole box's worth as directed and in the probably 8 years since I tried it I've only been constipated a handful of times usually from not drinking enough water. When I am constipated though a double strength cup of dieter's tea or three ballerina tea from the Asian food store (I think Walmart carries it now too.) always does the trick. I just drink a strong cup (two teabags) at night before bed and always get great relief in the morning.
    eta- the main ingredient is either senna leaf or malve verticillata or something like that. both work great. senna is the same thing in Senokot pills but for some reason the pills don't work on me but the tea does.

the tea called smooth move works; comes in different flavors and sold in grocery stores, but isn't made for regular use. aka a quick fix but doesn't actually address the problem.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Add an avocado to your diet. It has both good fat and fiber too
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Are you ok now OP ?
    @PlasticGains
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    lots of alcohol always works for me ;)
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack post slightly but can we go back to sorbitol? Is a sugar alcohol like normal alcohol? I’m a bit confused :(
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack post slightly but can we go back to sorbitol? Is a sugar alcohol like normal alcohol? I’m a bit confused :(

It's a reduction of glucose (glucitol). Meaning it tastes sweet but generally has less kcal than sugar. It won't make you drunk though (ethanol in booze is what does that). It'll just make your digestive tract wish you had drunk copiously, at least then it would know why it's feeling so miserable. For some people the amounts needed to reach that stage are even lower than the average (think a piece of chewing gum sweetened with sorbitol).

Sadly, it's also found naturally in fruits like cherries ( I :heart: cherries). Meaning, once a year I reserve a bathroom in the house and stuff myself with cherries. :tongue:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

It's a reduction of glucose (glucitol). Meaning it tastes sweet but generally has less kcal than sugar. It won't make you drunk though (ethanol in booze is what does that). It'll just make your digestive tract wish you had drunk copiously, at least then it would know why it's feeling so miserable. For some people the amounts needed to reach that stage are even lower than the average (think a piece of chewing gum sweetened with sorbitol).

Sadly, it's also found naturally in fruits like cherries ( I :heart: cherries). Meaning, once a year I reserve a bathroom in the house and stuff myself with cherries. :tongue:

I didn't know that about cherries! They're my favorite too, and while they're in season around here I eat them pretty much non-stop. I've never had to reserve a bathroom, though. I have chronic C - if they affected me that way it would be awesome :#
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

I didn't know that about cherries! They're my favorite too, and while they're in season around here I eat them pretty much non-stop. I've never had to reserve a bathroom, though. I have chronic C - if they affected me that way it would be awesome :#

Nope, they cause me to have a rapid connection between input and output... I have a very low tolerance threshold for sorbitol (malabsorption issues). :tongue: