I am fearful

Options
I am starting again this morning. I have tried so many times in the past and failed. I am worried this time will be the same How do I find my niche?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Trying what? To lose weight, you just have to eat less (and move more), but that is something you do, not try. What have you been doing? Are you going to do the same this time?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    as the saying goes, if at first you don't succeed, try try and try again :smile:

more info would be good.

ps worrying gets us nowhere so take control and own it :smile:

(yeah I'm one of those glass is always half full people!)

All the best.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Identify what led to the previous failures. Were the changes moderate and realistic?

Success is achieved through small changes which have a dramatic impact over time.

There's your niche.
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Set realistic goals.

I don't know exactly what "starting again this morning" means for you. I would recommend that you don't make that something drastic. Start by making small changes that you can sustain over time. Start racking up wins and think long term.

I have been there and can relate. Lose significant weight.. Regain it all... I have kept weight off for 6 years this time.

If I can ever help, feel free to ask me anything. Good luck!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Routine, Don't give up, and read The Compound Effect. I'm in the same boat, and don't want this to be another serial start. #Imwritingmycomebackstory.

P.S. Anyone can feel free to ADD me. :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    May be you only need to work out appropriate portions, discover what is right for you. Please don't make it too complicated for yourself. (I speak as someone who has developed dietary issues as I've aged and know having to avoid some foods can cause deficiencies.) You could weigh your current meals it can help to know how much you are actually eating before you get started. (For me digital scales are best, way more accurate than spoons and cups, they don't need to be expensive)

This site giving the proportions of protein/carbs/fats/sugar as is advised, within a calorie total, will show any areas where you are in excess or deficit helping to give you a good overview of your diet which could indicate where you could have difficulties too address. It is never too late to take care of yourself. All the very best as you find what is right for you.