I <3 Beer... and Hello

Options
Hello fellow MFP buddies. I have been lurking for a while on these Community Boards... just officially saying hello! If you are a fellow craft beer fan feel free to add me to your friends list :D

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I also <3 beer! Who doesn't <3 beer!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I like me some craft beer too. Particularly that Lime Version of Bud Lite.

As there is no sarcasm font, I'd like to mention that this isn't a "craft beer."
    -wtk
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I Love beer!! Almost any kind but , especially any thing from Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo!!
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    I Love beer!! Almost any kind but , especially any thing from Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo!!

It saddens me that I cannot taste this in Texas... Some of our beer laws are way to uptight here in the South. Browsed the site of the brewery and wish I had the pleasure of tasting the Java Stout. Sounds downright delicious!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I, too, enjoy a good frosty refreshing beverage. Not as often now as I did before, but I still treat myself occasionally. Unfortunately, most of the beers I really like (Bell's Hopslam and Two-Hearted Ale, St. Bernardus ABT12) come with a pretty hefty calorie tax. You don't know how crushed I was to find out how many calories are in a bottle of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot (520 calories PER 12 OUNCE BOTTLE!!! :noway:).
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    I like me some craft beer too. Particularly that Lime Version of Bud Lite.

As there is no sarcasm font, I'd like to mention that this isn't a "craft beer."
    -wtk

As there is no sarcasm font, I'd like to mention that you missed my sarcasm.

Oh thank god... you had me scared there for a second.
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    And my fav. "craft beer" actually is Kentucky Ale; its a great hoppy (closer to a lager) beer that is aged in used bourbon barrels. The beer picks up the smoky, vanilla flavors of the whiskey- its amazing, but hard to get. Only in Kentucky adjoining states.

Curses, that sounds delicious. My favorite craft beer may fall under the same terms... it is made by a brewery in Austin Texas and is only available to surrounding cities at the moment. It is called Black Metal a Russian Imperial Stout that is down right delicious!
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    now see, I can't get the Stout they have in Austin! and I live "down the road" !!! I like Rasputin, and Midas Touch, and any of the Leinenkugel's beers....my favs are anything that tastes like eating a loaf of bread, and are about as filling --
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You know, I thought you were serious too. Tone of voice would've added so much to that one. Guess I can be counted as a dullard too.

[/quote]

I do love when people try to be condescending when a joke flies way over their head. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be such a dullard!
    [/quote]
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    You know, I thought you were serious too.

I suppose I feel vindicated in that I am not the only person who can presume tone of voice on the internet. I think we can all agree that the easiest way to navigate the web is under the assumption that "everyone is an idiot except for me." And since I cannot tell if you are a sorority girl or a high school junior by your user name or avatar, I went with what I knew.

Back to topic, Stone Ale's Arrogant *kitten* always seemed to work for me. Dale's Pale Ale is the best beer from a can. Marin Brewery's IPA, Brooklyn Lager, Sierra Nevada products in general...

...is Magic Hat still craft?

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    You know, I thought you were serious too.

I suppose I feel vindicated in that I am not the only person who can presume tone of voice on the internet. I think we can all agree that the easiest way to navigate the web is under the assumption that "everyone is an idiot except for me." And since I cannot tell if you are a sorority girl or a high school junior by your user name or avatar, I went with what I knew.

Back to topic, Stone Ale's Arrogant *kitten* always seemed to work for me. Dale's Pale Ale is the best beer from a can. Marin Brewery's IPA, Brooklyn Lager, Sierra Nevada products in general...

...is Magic Hat still craft?

Cheers.
    -wtk

I do the same thing. I fall victim to many "trollings" and sarcasm every now and then. I would not be shocked to find someone thinking that Bud Light with Lime is actually craft beer heh. If you want to try another good beer from a can...Have you sampled anything from Maui Brewing Co? Their Coconut Porter is delicious. As well as the Ten Fitty from the same brewery as Dales is epic. I am ashamed to not have tried Dales yet... I will soon ... someday.

I would consider Magic Hat craft still. Love that Number 09 :D
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Yum. I'm currently obsessed with anything that comes out of Indigo Imp Brewery. Their Jester, Gatekeeper and Blond Bombshell are my rotating favorites, depending on what I'm feeling that day. Had the Winter Solstice this past year too, soo yum. Also a huge fan of a few from Unibroue brewery (La Fin du Monde) and Brouwerij Huyghe (Delirium Tremens).......and yeah, I'm a bit of a sucker for a nice strong Belgian style ale.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Magic hat no. 9 is amaaaaazing.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    i love all beer as long as its yuengling... or of the dark in nature...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I love making my own beer, wine, and in the past year really got into making my own cheeses. Since I've been trying to lose the weight, most of wine and cheese seems to get snatched up by my friends and family pretty fast. My friends say I make my beer too dark, I think they are insane. Who doesn't love a nice thick dark beer! We use my homemade Parmesan quite a bit on salads though!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    People who appreciate beer on a dieting and fitness site, I love it.

I brew my own Stout and Lager, so very much better than commercially brewed especially American 'factory beers', no offence. Brewing beer from rice can't be good. Budweiser - Bad, Budvar - good.

:drinker:
  • Swoodsen
    Options
    Beer = my friend
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I actually brew my own beer:) I love me a good craft beer!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am no beer expert and am not sure I even know what craft beer is. I guess I could look it up, but I'm lazy (and also at work; not sure I want to look up beers at the office). I do love beer, though. And trying new beers. Some friends of mine get together somewhat regularly to try new beers. We'll pick a type (ale, lager, etc.) and each bring our favorites. Then we'll go around tasting them and talking about what we like and don't like about it. Then we vote. Whoever brought the beer that won most favorite gets to host the next one. It's fun.
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    Yum. I'm currently obsessed with anything that comes out of Indigo Imp Brewery. Their Jester, Gatekeeper and Blond Bombshell are my rotating favorites, depending on what I'm feeling that day. Had the Winter Solstice this past year too, soo yum. Also a huge fan of a few from Unibroue brewery (La Fin du Monde) and Brouwerij Huyghe (Delirium Tremens).......and yeah, I'm a bit of a sucker for a nice strong Belgian style ale.

Unibroue is my favorite brewery for Triples and their Trois Pistoles is also a frequent repeat in my purchases. I haven't had any of the Pink Elephant stuff yet tho :( another one I shall try soon... someday!