Work in progress pics

Options
j_zanzig
j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
A little background:
In March I hit my heaviest weight of around 192. I am only 5 ft so I was extremely overweight! I decided I needed to do something or I was going to be 200 lbs in no time. I started dieting and exercising when I could. It's been a roller coaster with all the ups and downs. I do really good than something comes up and I slack for a week making me gain a few pounds, then I get back to the weight I was ..loose a little more than gain it back... etc..etc..etc....

Every day when I look in the mirror I feel like I am still exactly the same weight from when I started. I feel like nothing is changing and that I am never going to look decent.....

Today I was going through old pictures on my phone and I came across one of the pictures I took when I first started this journey back in March. After staring at it for a while I realized how big I actually was when I started. I was completely shocked and embarrassed with myself. I must have been in denial! I decided to take a picture of what I looked like at that very moment to compare. It was so hard to believe that I was the person in the picture!
Now the pics: I hope I did this right...

Before:
firstpic.jpg

Today:
pictwo.jpg

I still have a ways to go but a friend told me I should post the pics so here they are!

Replies

• j_zanzig
    Options
    Got it!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You just have to change IMG to lower case :)

Before:
    firstpic.jpg

Today:
    pictwo.jpg
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    Pic the forum / blog link I believe :)
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look great, by the way! Such amazing progress!!
  • Goodbrother79
    Goodbrother79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    firstpic.jpg[img]Today:[/img]pictwo.jpg
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Big difference, well done!!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is awesome progress!! Thanks for sharing - seeing pics like yours is really inspiring to me - it makes me feel like I can do this thing too! :smile:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!
  • grizworl
    Options
    I just started yesturday. The pics serve as a motivation.
  • decemberlady
    decemberlady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good job....hard work is paying off...keep it up....congrats!!
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Keep up the hard work, you're doing excellent!
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The difference is amazing!! You look totally transformed! This inspires ME, and I appreciate you posting it. You are doing such a great job!! Keep it up, and never give up!
  • pkksmama
    pkksmama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work! The pictures are nice to see!
  • sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well! It's great that you can bounce back from bad weeks and continue along this journey. Such amazing progress! It's crazy to take a REAL look at how you used to look and finally see a difference in yourself! Keep it up!
  • j_zanzig
    Options
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Seriously...awesome.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    HUGE difference! Well done, keep up the good work!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Congrats!!!!
  • JackeeW
    JackeeW Posts: 72
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!

I think I've been in denial about how much weight I've gained too. And I'm the same way with my weight-loss... I'll do really well and then have a week where I'm completely off and I'll gain a few pounds. But losing weight is definitely all about getting back on the wagon and sticking with it.

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your NEXT set of before and afters! :)
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Well done! You've come so far and done amazingly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!