78 Pounds Down! One and a half year transformation

TeamNemesisSteve
TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
edited October 2018 in Success Stories
n70o5fk6ys1c.jpeg
This was me at my heaviest weight 259 pounds. I started walking and eventually it became running. Eating better (more Whole Foods) and watching my sodium levels. Cutting out fast food was huge. I play sports now, just like I was doing when I was a teenager. I also go to a gym. The fitness regime has changed my life forever and at my age I will never let my self get that heavy again. The pictures help me put things in prospective.

Replies

• times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Wow!!!! Great to see. Congratulations. I am hoping one day I can post saying I lost 105lbs. You gave me hope
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    Nice work bro!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    How tall are you? And how did you find your "ideal" weight? I started on 170 kg - 374 pounds 6 months ago. Still a long way to go - but how does one find out the "ideal" body weight?
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    How tall are you? And how did you find your "ideal" weight? I started on 170 kg - 374 pounds 6 months ago. Still a long way to go - but how does one find out the "ideal" body weight?

I am 6’ tall. I found that the 165-170 pound weight was ideal for what I like to do.
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    High Five! Happy New You :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Great job!
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Way to go. That's awesome, you're killing it. What's next? Build, Maintain, Lose More? Keep up the great work no matter what!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Great work - do people still recognise you? Thanks for the inspiration.
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    COliver416 wrote: »
    Way to go. That's awesome, you're killing it. What's next? Build, Maintain, Lose More? Keep up the great work no matter what!

My metabolism has completely changed so I have to eat large meals at night because I’m so active. No more losing weight! Trying to gain a little with muscle.
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    jamesha100 wrote: »

No they don’t! As a matter of fact I have had people deal with it in so many different ways. I’ve had people be angry with me, cry when they see me, excited for me, people get inspired, shock... I’ve even lost friends over it 😔
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    You look fantastic, and way younger!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Great job!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member

No they don’t! As a matter of fact I have had people deal with it in so many different ways. I’ve had people be angry with me, cry when they see me, excited for me, people get inspired, shock... I’ve even lost friends over it 😔

What nobody told you about losing weight: that you'd lose friends alongside the weight. I am sure it was all worth it
  • Ekoth09_
    Ekoth09_ Posts: 3 Member
    You look great! Congrats on your loss!
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    joinn68 wrote: »

What nobody told you about losing weight: that you'd lose friends alongside the weight. I am sure it was all worth it

It gets worse. I lost the woman I loved because of how extreme I took it to lose the weight 😢

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    Amazing transformation!
  • hendrxfn
    hendrxfn Posts: 10 Member
    Awesome! 👍🏾
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!