Consume daily allotted calories plus calories burned from exercise?

Options
I try to stay under my daily calorie goal of 1300 calories every day. I exercise for 30-60 minutes 6 days a week and burn 300-600 calories doing that. My Fitbit also syncs and shows additional calories burned from steps. Should I only be eating the 1300 daily or should I be eating those plus my calories from exercise? I have been losing on average 2lbs per week and need to lose about 75lbs more.

Replies

• divalynnea
    divalynnea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have 75lbs to lose, your calorie budget should be in the 2000-3000 a day range. When you put your age, gender, weight and goal weight in to start, MFP calculates your daily budget with a deficit built in (at about 500 calories per day, or 3500 a week to lose one pound) and it naturally goes down as one loses weight. It's a trusted way millions of people have lost weight and kept it off with this and other programs. It's not healthy to dip too far below your calorie budget. Good luck!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,137 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under my daily calorie goal of 1300 calories every day. I exercise for 30-60 minutes 6 days a week and burn 300-600 calories doing that. My Fitbit also syncs and shows additional calories burned from steps. Should I only be eating the 1300 daily or should I be eating those plus my calories from exercise? I have been losing on average 2lbs per week and need to lose about 75lbs more.

That's all right, but if you'd like to eat about half your exercise calories back, that's OK too.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten most of mine back and I've been successfully doing that for several years. It's the way MFP was designed. You already start with a deficit and then earn more calories to eat as you burn more through exercise.