Looking for Keto Friends!

Options
clk142
clk142 Posts: 10 Member
My next door neighbor and co-workers have inspired me to try Keto. After only one week I have lost 6.8lbs (current weight now 148). I was absolutely shocked when I stepped on the scale. My appetite is pretty much non-existent and I have a ton of energy. Only thing is that I did have a headache for three days straight. My fear is that I will get tired of all the savory fat-laden foods. I would like suggestions for healthy recipes that are your go-to and easy to make/portable to work.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    But keto IS high fat and extra salt. It can be smart to keep that in mind as your weightloss aligns with your actual calorie deficit.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You realize most of that first week loss is water weight correct? Keto is no more or no less effective for fat loss than any other diet. If you are experiencing hunger suppression, that could be helpful to stay in a calorie deficit. Are you logging food and counting calories?
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    To be in Ketosis the body need to have NO access to carbs making the body choose a different fuel to run on. (you guessed it FAT) . that's all, its that simple.. I eat lots of veggies, (nothing starchy) as most of the carbs from veggies is fibre, and I rarely go over 25g of Carbs a day before subtraction of fibre. I love eating Keto style as I also have a lower appetite and don't have Carb cravings, making it easy to stay calorie deficient. . The headache thing will go away and its only positives from there. Remember once you start the Ketosis happening your body will hunt its own fat source, so lighten up the fat intake and let it eat the fat you own. send friends request if you want to see my diary for ideas. and as for portable and easy food EGGS every which way is your best bet. I make a big quiche at the start of the week including bacon, spinach, cheese, grated Zucchini, mushrooms topped with tomatoes. easy to nuke at work or even eat cold in a hurry. I use the recipe part of this app and just count the servings when i cut it, giving me all the info i need to log correctly.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have been following Keto for a while, lost around 10kgs so far. Just discovered fat bombs, best way of getting fats in on the move
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Been on keto for awhile here.
    I eat a lot of fish - salmon, orange roughy, bronzino. I cook with ghee most of the time. A half of avocado with a drizzle of olive oil will get some fat in there. Sometimes for a snack, I do smoked salmon and mozzarella with tomato. Roast chicken or duck in the crueset dish for an hour comes out pretty tasty!
    When i pack my food to go - I take egg salad with veggies or some charcuterie and sliced raw peppers or celery. I try to get in at least 4-5 servings of vegetables a day while staying under 30/35 net carbs a day.
    Shrimp stir fry - if you like shellfish!

I eat more vegetables now then I ever did. Hope you find some recipes that you enjoy!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been on keto since the middle of January and the results have been nothing short of amazing. I wouldn't worry about some of the comments above. Keto may be much more effective for some people than others. It has been for me. The one thing I love about it is that it is sustainable. For me, it is not a diet, but a way of eating that I can continue as long as I want, including permanently. And while there are certain foods that are not conducive to keto (potatoes, pasta, etc), it doesn't mean you can never have them again. You just have to be aware that having them will take you out of ketosis temporarily. My weight loss has been over 60 pounds, and I have been able to maintain that for the past two months. Best of luck to you, and feel free to send me a friend request if you want to. Please do send a message along with the request reminding me who you are. Thanks.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I post recipes all the time. :)