Newbie from UK

Options
Hello everyone, I am new, this is my first week on MFP and I absolutely love it!!!

I'm starting out at 245 lbs ( or 17 and a half stone to us Brits) and want to lose that 'spare' 45lbs, bringing me down to an even 200. Obviously this is still overweight, but it's enough for now and I'd be delighted to achieve that.

I love walking; I've been doing lots of it and logging it every day. I've also been updating my food diary, never done one before and it's quite an eye-opener to say the least! I've become addicted to reading the blogs as well, love hearing about other people's successes as it keeps me going.

Anyway, it's a brilliant site and I already feel confident that I'll reach my goal with your help!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Been here for a year and love it. You will too. Welcome and good luck.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here too. Could even say I am a little addicted!!
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hiya I am from the UK too (Manchester)...I have been on the site for about a month now and absolutely love it!! Good luck with your weight loss journey, you will find plenty of support and motivation on here x
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welome love it's fab here, i am indeed an addict with great friends on here.
    Feel free to add me
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am a relatively new member too, I joined a while ago but never logged until a few weeks ago. I love and loath the fact I can actually see everyting I am eating.

Feel free to friend me. good luck.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm from the UK too and been here about a month! I love it!

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi hon & welcome,

This is a great place to start (and complete) your journey. As you say the food diary is a real eye opener and I think that has been the only way I have lost my weight - putting a value on everything I eat.

Feel free to send a friend request, and good luck!
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, hope you really like it here & get to your goal, you can add me if you want too.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome from a fellow UK'er! :happy:
  • xtroidanarymachine
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new here too, and love it! I actually go check how many calories and fats I have left before I have dinner. It's awesome. Good luck on your adventure!:bigsmile:
  • jdjb1981
    Options
    UK also, ive been on here 4 days now and im a total addict. Not to mention is so damn useful. Good luck. feel free to add me for support :happy:
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi I'm from London, UK
    This is my 3rd week here and I love it, loads of support and great people.
    Add me if you want to.
    :smile:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in London. I am also fairly new to the site......joined about a month ago

Welcome!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow UK'er. I'm also in the "slowly slowly catchy monkey" school of thought. Good luck
    xxx
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there and welcome, I am also from the UK (Devon). This site is great, feel free to add me if you need more friends, good luck with your lifestyle change :happy: