No more fad diets!

Options
I’ve been on quite a journey... longer than you would probably guess. I’ve tried ever fad diet out there - even dangerous ones!!

3 months ago I vowed to lose weight for real (so discouraged though). I vowed to only change my eating habits if I was willing to live with the changes long term. No short term changes.

I also decided to change my activity level. I changed to 30 minutes a day of physical activity.

The result? I’m down 37 pounds and on my way to the version of me I know I want to be. My goal is realistic: 1 pound a week of weight loss by eating smart and being active at least 30 minutes a day.

What do you think? Any questions?
I appreciate encouragement, questions and friends.

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on being on the way to a new you!

I also have tried all the fad diets.... never found them sustainable, so gave up.

Am now down about 60 pounds (29kg) by using MFP to track my food intake and ensure I hit my calorie goal each day. As long as I do that, it works!

Enjoying increasing my exercise as I get smaller too- I have just discovered that I can run.... not far yet, but I can run!!!

Keep up the good work! :)
  • JediMasterDoug
    JediMasterDoug Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you too! The Apple Watch (using it fully) has made such a big difference as well.