Keto Diet

Options
I am new to this site and I was wondering if anyone is or has been on the Keto diet? I have been doing it one week as of today.

Thanks

Replies

• Mark_MN1
    Mark_MN1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started as well, I've found it very hard to find places to eat out. Everything is breaded or has potatoes; not many Keto friendly restraints in Minnesota.
  • Wifett3
    Wifett3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Almost any burger place (no buns and careful with sauces) is a safe bet for me. The Jimmy Johns unwich (lettuce wrapped sandwich) is super yummy. I even have a pizza place by me that makes a sausage crust. Substitute fries for salad as well. Just gotta look around a bit or get creative... like the time I ordered a burrito without a tortilla or rice or beans... I think a part of the waiters soul died when he heard that.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did Keto for 3 months. I found it was not a sustainable diet for me, and I got sick of all the meat. In fact, it ruined meat for me. LOL. I am vegetarian now :P

Anyways, there are lots of people here who do it. Just search keto in the discussion board and you will find lots of resources.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of MFP groups you might like too:
    Low Carber Daily
    Keto

I'm afraid I can't link on this device.
  • Kar1us
    Kar1us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs on Keto many years ago but couldn’t maintain it and started over again. Now I lost another 20 by watching calorie totals and avoiding carbs and sugar like they’re poison. (Of course I still have some sometimes).
  • raoulramdjan
    raoulramdjan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto diet for 3 weeks now. Lost 4.1 kg already. first week I was very tired. But now I feel like superman. Outside eating I do not anymore. Actually looking at eating outside is very to agree to find good which is actually healthy.