Weight loss help

Options
ok so I am in need of some advice....I started my own little healthy eating workout regimen almost 4 weeks ago...
I've been using the tracker and I adore it...
So this is my problem I'm working out 5 days a week at the gym on top of a semi physical day job...i use the elliptical for around 50 mins a day and usually burn about 800-900 calories daily...i am getting net calories between 700-1200 a day fr the past 4 weeks and have Gained 4 lbs and pants still fit the same shirts are the only change I see...I mean I feel great more energy my body is shaping up a little more ....but I'm getting discouraged....I don't want to give up but I need some help I guess.....I've been doing a little research and notice maybe I'm eating to few calories?? Please someone give me some expert advice I really am working on getting healthy for the first time in my life!

Replies

• lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    im sure you will get many responses, u basically are starving your body make sure to get 1,200 calories a day not less that is after your workout!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    U NEED AT LEAST 1200 NET CALORIES OR U SEND YOUR BODY INTO "STARVATION MODE" WHICH MAKES YOUR BODY STORE ANY FAT IT CAN.........
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE!

Although it sounds counter-intuitive you're going to have to eat more to lose the weight. Not too long ago I changed the settings to the 2lb a week calorie settings, trying to lose weight faster, and even while eating back my exercise calories, I didn't lose weight for weeks. I changed it back to the 1lb setting, allowing me more calories and still eating back all my exercise calories, I lost 3 lbs the first week.

The lesson here, if you don't see progress eating few calories then up your intake. Everyone is different. I was in starvation mode at only 1200 calories, which seems to work fine for other people. You seem to be way below that so that could be the problem.