Paleo

Options
Hi Everyone. I’m Susan. 33 Years old.
Over 100 pounds overweight. Sigh
I have been on Paleo diet for nearly a month. So far I’ve lost 11 pounds. I tried KETO at the beginning of the summer and couldn’t get over the Keto flu ...it was several weeks of feeling like death.
So, I’m trying Paelo. It just seems like a all around healthy diet. I did, however add beans and cheese back into my diet in small amounts.
Anyways, loving this app. Would love to hear some weight loss stories. It definitely motivates me. Thank you.

Replies

• Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep up the great work!
  • susandenisescott
    Options
    Thank you so much! ❤️
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    The eating method that works is the one you'll stick to. As long as the eating method creates a calorie deficit, you'll lose fat. Your job is to make sure that you create the deficit. How will you know? Hopefully you have a ready answer to that rhetorical question...
  • melnthom1
    melnthom1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan! I was full tilt on the Paleo diet (a menu based program with a lot of cooking) and lost 12 pounds rather quickly (~2 weeks). All of the preparing and cooking required of the predetermined menu took too much time so I started to eat Paleo on my own, which caused me to get stuck because I was taking in too many calories. A friend at work suggested the MFP app because I would be able to track everything I ate. Since I began to track using MFP, I have lost about 1-2 pounds a week and am down almost 22 pounds in total since June 4th. I stick to the Paleo diet as much as I can, but I do slip in grilled chicken sandwiches for lunch at times when I am poorly prepared, but the good news is I am still losing as long as I stay within my daily calorie goal. I am going to caution you with Paleo because it does require the exclusion of some food groups which provide valuable nutrients. Due to this, please make sure you use a daily vitamin supplement high in Vitamin D. Also, find some activity you love to do (mine has been boxing)! Remain positive and committed and you will be a big loser! :)
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Shauna. I just recently started trying the Paleo way. I am sick a lot and have many problems due to being 120 lbs over weight. I am hoping for more friend to help me along with this. ADD ME PLEASE.