I need breakfast ideas, limited diet!

tarcotti
tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm so sick of eggs. I eat them daily for breakfast, and I need new ideas for breakfast, must be low carb. I dislike a few things like coffee, plain oatmeal, and apples and oranges. I also have a somewhat new nut allergy that I can't figure out yet. Some peanut butter gives me a reaction, so I'm just staying away from all of it for now.

If my blender wasn't broken I'd make more smoothies, but feel free to suggest different kinds for when I get a new one. Thank you!

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My personal go to breakfast is just a protein shake. You could also do cottage cheese or yogurt. There are several protein pancake options.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I mainly have protein enriched cereal for my breakfast
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I do plain greek yogurt mixed with berries and protein powder pretty much every day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    edited October 2018
    No blender needed for the first smoothie. To reduce carbs, you can use coconut oil instead of dried coconut, all coffee instead of half Teeccino, and plain protein powder instead of chocolate. Won't taste as good though :wink:

I use my food processor for the second smoothie. Again, play around with it to reduce carbs.

rowqmm9oadfk.png
  • tarcotti
    I forgot to mention the reason for low carb, I'm diabetic! Ha, that's an important detail.

Ugh, I just can't stomach non breakfast items for breakfast. Thanks for the yogurt with protein powder tip, I didn't think of that. I think also my omelets get old after a while because I do the same filling. Maybe Ill try a variety.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I make breakfast skillets with ground beef/Turkey, roasted starch (winter squash is good for lower carb), leafy greens, and whatever other vegetables I have on hand. It takes about a half hour tops to make, and I make 4 servings worth.
  • tarcotti
    Oh, I didn't even think about my food processor!

Breakfast skillets, why didn't I think of that? Thank you both! Keep em comin!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    - Fage 0% fat free Greek strained yogurt (3g sugars, 10.3g protein, 54 kcal per 100g.) + some berries
    - Wholewheat flower rotis or chapattis with pure fruit spread instead of jam or grilled cherry tomatoes.
    - Methi paratha, is easy to make and you can always adapt some of the ingredients... https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/methi-paratha-recipe-easy-lunch-box-recipe-with-step-by-step-pics/
    - Shakes or smoothies, like green tea and cocoa power smoothie, berries and flax seeds smoothie,...
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Protein shake and flavored rice cakes, I eat light for breakfast
  • Traijan
    Traijan Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2018
    Danp wrote: »
    I used to have trouble with breakfast ideas. Then I realised that food doesn't know what time it is and everything is a breakfast food.

So down with pigeonholing food I say. Throw off the oppressive shackles of food classification and eat stew for breakfast and cereal for dinner.

Yah, I found that out when I spent 15 months in Israel, the first family that invited me over for "dinner" had scrambled eggs and some sort of meat side dish not sure as it's been 30+ years but pretty sure it wasn't bacon or sausage. Prior to that I'd NEVER had eggs for dinner.

I pretty much stick to eggs (soft to sometimes hard boiled eggs) OR greek yogurt but most of the time I simply skip breakfast. I suppose if I had the time I'd likely make something like a ground beef patty, but I don't so I just skip.
    My favorite that I can't have anymore is eggs in a raft. 12grain toasted with butter, cut a hole in the center of the toast, and add egg while in a buttered pan, flip once if desired. However, that's like 20+ grams of carbs for one meal. I try my best to stay under 12 if possible.

Oh yeah, diabetic here too.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    You can make protein pancakes. Which are essentially protein powder, egg and baking powder.

Breakfast burrito - low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 2 slices of bacon, shredded cheese, spinach, salsa
    Breakfast pizza - low carb tortilla, spread with marinara, cheese, egg, ham and mushroom
    Parfait - cottage cheese, berries, almonds, drizzle of honey
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    tarcotti wrote: »
    I'm so sick of eggs. I eat them daily for breakfast, and I need new ideas for breakfast, must be low carb. I dislike a few things like coffee, plain oatmeal, and apples and oranges. I also have a somewhat new nut allergy that I can't figure out yet. Some peanut butter gives me a reaction, so I'm just staying away from all of it for now.

If my blender wasn't broken I'd make more smoothies, but feel free to suggest different kinds for when I get a new one. Thank you!

@tarcotti - I’m low sugar as well! Here are some things I like :)

How about smoked salmon with some crème fraîche?

Kippers and mushrooms?

Plaintains and sausage?

Grilled Haullomi and charcuterie?

I’m getting hungry writing this! You’ve inspired me to think of some new foods myself!

Cheers,
    M
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    -
    - Methi paratha, is easy to make and you can always adapt some of the ingredients... https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/methi-paratha-recipe-easy-lunch-box-recipe-with-step-by-step-pics/ .

I just had methi paratha for the first time last week. 😋 It was so good! Had it with peanut chutney and curd.
  • sjet99
    sjet99 Posts: 8 Member
    I buy this stuff on Amazon called Keto Hot Cereal. It was a game changer for me. You feel like you're eating cream of wheat, but there's no type of grains in it and only 1.5 net carbs! It's made of coconut flour and psyllium husk powder so tons of fiber. You even have 2 options of how it's sweetened. I buy the one sweetened with Stevia. I make it with unsweetened almond milk and when it's ready, I mix in cinnamon and blueberries. It is absolutely delish! It's something other than eggs and super filling. Just make sure you prepare it right or the consistency will turn out weird. Good luck!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    sjet99 wrote: »
    I buy this stuff on Amazon called Keto Hot Cereal. It was a game changer for me. You feel like you're eating cream of wheat, but there's no type of grains in it and only 1.5 net carbs! It's made of coconut flour and psyllium husk powder so tons of fiber. You even have 2 options of how it's sweetened. I buy the one sweetened with Stevia. I make it with unsweetened almond milk and when it's ready, I mix in cinnamon and blueberries. It is absolutely delish! It's something other than eggs and super filling. Just make sure you prepare it right or the consistency will turn out weird. Good luck!

Oooh - going to check this out!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I always think of cereal for breakfast. Anything by Kelloggs, Ralstons, Nestle, Post, General Mills, Weetabix, etc. That along with milk, and sometimes yogurt. Then there's boiled egg, buttered toast, marmalade, jam, or other spreads. For the occasional something more special I might have bacon, muffins, fruit, sausage, ……..
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    1/2 bagel with low fat cheese, 1/2 banana and 1 cup of low fat milk..does it for me!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I usually stick with soup or meatballs.