Skinnycow alternatives??

Options
A few years ago, skinnycow chocolates were my go to for a low calorie dessert. They were delicious and pretty low calorie (100 or so calories per bar) but they actually tasted like chocolate and satisfied my cravings. I just went searching for them again and found they don't make them anymore and I'm so disappointed. Does anyone have any suggestions for substitutes?

Replies

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't know the depth of your search, but I'm pretty sure skinny cow still makes chocolates and they could just be out of stock at your local store. However, many other chocolates actually have calorie amounts comparable to skinny cow. I've found that the way skinny cow chocolates
    and desserts are packaged into single servings is what keeps the calories low. I usually get a bar of Ghirardelli, Godiva, or lindt chocolate and eat one or two squares for 50-70 calories per square. There are also bags of single serving chocolate squares.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the chocolate is no longer listed as a product on their website and the only ones I could find online were grossly overpriced on Amazon and Ebay, it does seem they have all been discontinued.

OP, part of the secret was that they were smaller than typical chocolates and bars. I tend to do what the previous poster does - Dove Promises, Ghirardelli squares, or Lindt and I'll just have a couple for less than 100 cals. I find because they are better quality, they taste richer and hit the spot faster. I've never found any other chocolates that were marketed as lower cal and were edible, sorry!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fibre 1 brownies & cinnamon bars are delish
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I bought some Skinny cow chocolate at the 99 center store not too long ago and I agree that the only reason they seem lower in calories is cuz they're tiny!
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What the previous poster said^^ A lot of the Dollar Trees (Or whatever the equivalent store in your town most likely) have candy that isn't kept in stock at regular stores. They have a lot of old fashioned candy too. Dollar Tree is a diamond in the rough! lol

*This post was not paid for by Dollar Tree. :D
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My "go-to" for candy is Andes Candies. Each piece is 25 calories, so 3 or 4 pieces for 75-100 is perfect for my dessert budget.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    walmarts has lots of good sf candy- reese cups, or hersheys bars- etc.