If you could do it over again....

Options
Cassandraw3
Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
If you could go back to 18 or so and change your career path, whether it be college degree, going into the trades, going/not going to college, or something else, what would you do? Would you still make the same decision or go a different route?

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure. I hate that I never went to school. Although, still at 38 I am conflicted as to what I would have went to school for. I do have it narrowed down to being a nurse, or an FBI agent. LOL.
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    I mostly like my career path, but there are some days where I would have liked to have gone to school to be a nutritionist/physical therapist/personal trainer.
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    Yes for sure. I hate that I never went to school. Although, still at 38 I am conflicted as to what I would have went to school for. I do have it narrowed down to being a nurse, or an FBI agent. LOL.

I have looked into FBI and CIA. I think that would be cool too and have toyed with the idea. There is actually an FBI fitness app that will take you through the FBI fitness test.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'd have went to veterinary school and been a surgeon. That was the childhood dream
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I would have formally studied Quantum Physics and/or an Astrophysics. I would have also liked to study psychology in a formal setting. My mom tells me, it's not to late.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    would have avoided the army. would have avoided marriage. would have avoided newspaper after that.
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    I got into the printing industry which I love but I miss coding my uncle did coding for his company and I loved creating games and apps (back in the 70's it was a lot harder) I think I would have started a company that makes app and I would have been so happy at work!
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    I would have formally studied Quantum Physics and/or an Astrophysics. I would have also liked to study psychology in a formal setting. My mom tells me, it's not to late.

she's right!

I second this. I plan on going back for my masters. It is never too late!
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

she's right!

I second this. I plan on going back for my masters. It is never too late!

:)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’m happy with my choices but.....
    I would have enjoyed a career in Archeology.
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would drive monster trucks professionally. Also, would have bought 1,000 shares of Amazon stock.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I would’ve done a tech school instead of saddling myself with a mountain of debt from a university getting a five year degree that is seriously no better than the two year one.

Would’ve waited until I wasn’t an infant anymore to get married

Defffffinitely would’ve lived on my own for an extended period of time

Would’ve recognized and embraced my minimalist tendencies a heckuva lot sooner
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Nuthin'

*shrug
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I would of taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    yes. i wish i had majored in something more useful like accounting.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    If you could go back to 18 or so and change your career path, whether it be college degree, going into the trades, going/not going to college, or something else, what would you do? Would you still make the same decision or go a different route?

Woudl stay an athlete and make that work for all it was worth.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Went to college instead of getting married sofa king young.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say yes... but realistically, probably not. The easy path is too convenient.