Whats wrong with me?

Options
2 months ago I was induced into a coma for random seizures and diagnosed with epilepsy. No working or srivi g for 6 months. I was overweight to begin with but since then all I crave is comfort foods. The medicine I am on now make me lose a bit of my sense of taste (youd think that would help) also my memory and coordination are off. So my cooked meals turn out not so great. Ive been making goals and starting out great in the day, but quickly start feeling depressed and crave junk so bad. How can I find a way to comfort myself that isnt food? Im really struggling with this, makes me feel quite emotional.

Replies

• cholloway88
    cholloway88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other hobbies that you like that you can do? Maybe reading or something? I struggle with depression and tend to comfort myself with food too, so I understand how you feel. I try to lean on my friends and family for support. I hope things turn around for you!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are your doctors aware you are experiencing this? Maybe they could refer you to a RD and/or a therapist to help you deal with both your diet and your emotions. Hang in there!