Faith and fitness

Options
Hi! Everyone I like to know if there’s any Christians that use there faith to help them stay motivated and how is it working for you? God bless❤️

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m Christian. I don’t use my faith to keep me motivated as such, rather, my faith is an integral part of all areas of my life, weight loss included.
    My weight loss journey has really been about building good habits, routine and structure. I pray for strength to persevere when I feel weak, as I do in other areas of my life.

Blessings to you on your journey <3
  • johnderobeck
    johnderobeck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hiya, when things get tough and I need motivation, I love to get back memory verses like "we are not of those that shrink back...", or "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." Like @Leannep2201, much of my journey is just building good habits - but I know that I do that so much better when I know why I am doing it and who is helping me.

Good luck!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    YES! God gave me this one body to take care of. I want to do him proud. Plus, I want to be healthy and happy for my kids and husband.
  • myawsomeboys
    myawsomeboys Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! definitely doing things as your doing them on to God is a good way to do it! ❤️ blessings everyone
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There's a Christian Support Group here on MFP where you might be able to connect with others who share your faith and help keep each other motivated: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...including a 385 lb deadlift. ;)

Haha, I love that verse, but that deadlift would kill me!!! :D:D:D
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian and I use my faith in God for every area of my life. This year the biggest thing I've been focusing on is being obedient to what I say I'm going to do. I fail quite often but I don't give up. Grace is a wonderful gift. :)