Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Muscle under fat?

I have back rolls and arm fat, a lot. If I lift heavy will I just not lose the weight and look even more wide since I’m going to lift weights? I want to look smaller from my upper body but I have fat there so idk if lifting weights will help? Or do I gotta lift lighter?

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I started lifting heavy and went from a size 8 to a size 2. I ate at a calorie deficit and took maintenance breaks over 2 years. I'm at a size 6 now, b/c food is great, and I needed to bulk for lifts. I'm able to maintain around 2000 calories with the heavy lifting 4-5 days a week.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Diet is key and no, heavy lifting will not make you bigger. You will get toned and once you lose the fat by eating in a deficit, you will have nice toned muscles. Losing weight will reveal the muscles. Be patient.
  • I lift heavy for me.. not in comparison to anyone else. Don’t be afraid to lift heavy 😉
    P.s I wish my front side would look as muscular as my back side