Recommend ~0 cal, non carbonated drinks?

I've been drinking a lot of Nuun in my water lately. But I'm sweating less now that it's getting colder, and I'm dialing back the intensity when I ride. (No big rides coming up until Spring.)

But I've actually come to enjoy the way some of the flavors taste in my water.

Tea is great, I have some that I enjoy a lot. But dissolving something into ice water is crazy convenient. Anybody have any favorites?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm not sure if you have any ingredient restrictions, but I enjoy some of the Mio flavors. You can control the intensity of the flavor by how much you add, that's something I enjoy.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I do "easy ice tea." Take a bottle of cold water and drop 1 or 2 tea bags in. Use a knife, straw, coffee mixer, pencil etc, tap the tea bags so they start to steep. Close the lid and then shake the bottle. And you have iced tea. Doesn't take much longer than a Crystal Lite.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I like my carbonation but I fizz up my own water and add my own stuff, all of which can be added to still water instead. I do use things like Mio and crystal light but mostly I like to make flavored water using extract. Orange and lemon extract are easy to find at the grocery store and you only need a drop or two per liter. Some baking specialty stores will have other flavors. I mail order mine from Olive Nation and have Black Current, Lime, and Grapefruit in addition to the lemon and orange I already had in my baking supplies.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    I buy those little plastic lemon and lime squirt bottles at the super market. Sometimes I add a splash of Pom juice.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    I love Stop n' Shop's store brand seltzers.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Sometimes the bubbles are too intense so I'll add regular water.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    I didn't know about the Mio squirt things. I got a bottle today, and this will work for me.

Thanks everyone!! :smile: