I know I can do this!!

Options
My journey has only just started, within under a month I have lost 7lb, I was hitting the scales at 10st3lb and felt uncomfortable. I have a holiday planned in January to see my daughter in Dubai and I am determined to get down to around 9st. My problem is I’m lacking the motivation to go to the gym :-( something I do not really enjoy. Any tips on what I can do instead of the gym ? Oh and I am not a runner ! ha-ha xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    become a runner?

there are a million workouts online, what do you fancy trying?
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Concentrating on your eating. It's more important for losing weight than exercise.

However if you do want to work out, find something that you enjoy. So you're not a runner, have you tried swimming? Yoga? Dance? How about doing something like team sports? If you do an exercise you enjoy, it won't be a chore.

Also, I think you might want to adjust your expectations. 17lbs in 3 months is fairly aggressive (and not to mention that that time includes Christmas, a notoriously difficult time of the year for waistlines). Especially as you're not overly heavy at the moment. You cannot expect to continue to lose at the same rate as you have done in the first month, and you should be slowing your rate of loss the closer you get to your target weight. Besides, would it be the end of the world if you were 9 and a half stone by the time you went on holiday? Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. If you set yourself an unrealistic deadline, then you're only setting yourself up for disappointment and the feeling is failure. And oh so often do we have people who, when they don't reach their arbitrary deadline, over eat and end up back where they started (or sometimes worse).

Good luck with your plan :smiley:
  • gailbatcheler6121
    gailbatcheler6121 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you for your message and I take on board what you are saying, but I started at 10st 3 and I’m now weighing in at 9st 10, so I’d like to get to about 9st by January.