Pork Medallions with Cherry Sauce-Ellie Krieger

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. It's so easy and quick to make. I'm planning to make it tonight. Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/pork-medallions-with-cherry-sauce-recipe/index.html

Ingredients

* 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2-inch thick medallions
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
* 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
* 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 cup dried tart cherries

Directions

Season the pork medallions with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until there is just a slight blush in the center about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the meat to a plate and tent with foil.

Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the shallots to the pan and saute until they begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the cherries and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the sauce over the pork medallions and serve.

Total Time:
22 min
Prep
10 min
Cook
12 min

Yield:
4 servings, serving size: 4 medallions and 2Tbs of sauce

Level:
Easy

Replies

• PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds Yummy, Im gonna jot it down.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Can't wait to try it. I have a recipe for pulled pork with black sweet cherry jam instead of bar-be-que sauce. Made me think of that. I might use my cherry balsamic vinegar instead of regular. I'm going to fix it tonight for my husbands birthday!!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to make it.
  • Jackiehymel1
    Jackiehymel1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories each serving has?
  • NiciS72
    Options
    Thank you. Can't wait to try it. I have a recipe for pulled pork with black sweet cherry jam instead of bar-be-que sauce. Made me think of that. I might use my cherry balsamic vinegar instead of regular. I'm going to fix it tonight for my husbands birthday!!

MMMM Cherry Balsamic sounds awesome. Do tell what brand and where you got it?

Nicole
  • NiciS72
    Options
    Do you know how many calories each serving has?

Unfortunately the Food Network site doesn't show it, go figure. I have her book at home and if I recall correctly it was like 243 calories per serving. I'll try to remember tonight to pull it out and post the nutrition info.

If you're really interested though, you can use the recipe tool on MFP and put in the info and it'll calculate it for you!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    www.cherryrepublic.com

All things cherry!! :bigsmile: