Walking makes me confident!

Options
I've felt so much better about myself after i started having the goal set to walk everyday. I aim for 10,000 steps and although most days I dont reach it, I'm happy to strive for a goal.

Anyone else enjoy walking? Whats youre daily goal?

Replies

• Lacey5400
    Lacey5400 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I walk my dogs for an hour every morning and afternoon and I love it. I used to jog but my joints suffer now so I'm happy walking. No stress, no pain and fresh air x
  • MrsBeckiC
    MrsBeckiC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Walking is my main mode of transport, school run is a 35/45 min walk each way (depending how slow the child walks) love a good walk my dads a walker to, angry go for a wall, stressed go for a walk, hungry go for a walk lol x
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It’s my favorite low impact, ever
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Really got into walking my first year @ college (had too). I wasn't fat but definitely not fit. For me, it was a great way to cope with stress & relax. Enjoyed very long walks & achieving that slight sense of euphoria

Lost about 30lbs my freshmen year (countered by taking weight lifting & eating more seriously). Still averaging about 13k or so steps per day doing low impact cardio whilst reading
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be outside. Walking is a fine way to achieve it. :smile:
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am a runner for fitness but I love going for walks. I walk to the train to get to work, to the store, out to eat, in the park on non-run days. It’s so relaxing.
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do a 50 min walk every day at noon, then 40 mins of cardio at night. Walking is one of my favorite things to do. It's easy, uplifting, and motivating especially with music in the headphones.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    treadmill 60 minutes 3 miles 7 days per week = a bonus pound gone every week.
    i watch tv series on my phone while walking
    i tweak the incline as I get stronger and after 9 months it is 10%
    easy on the knees and great for the heart
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    I've never been a "walker" as in going for a walk unless it was with my dog. But, I'm trying to incorporate more walking into my day to day life as my desk job day in and day out is making it tough. A workout in the morning is great, but has minimal impact to my calorie allotment (burn) during the day when I'm sitting the rest of it. So trying to find some easy, relatively painless ways to add steps.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fitness walking myself. I get in a great heart pumping workout that doesn't stress my body, it's low impact, it has helped me to lose a lot of weight and helps to keep it off and it actually energizes me afterwards.

I do fitness walking workouts that I can do at home during inclement weather or I'll fit a mile or two during the work day.

When I was losing weight I would easily get in 4 - 6 miles most days of the week.

Now that I'm maintaining, I aim for 2 - 3 miles everyday. I also walk my puppy several times a day but I don't include it in my daily fitness walking miles.
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love walking. It was the gateway to hiking and then that was the gateway to lifting weights which was the gateway to jogging. Now I do all 4 things several times a week and I feel better than I ever have in my life. I’m down 46 lbs with another ~15 to go. It’s nice to know that on days I need to rest up I can just walk. It all started with that for me. Cheers 🍻
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Love walking, I have a few podcasts that I listen to while I walk. Such a great mental break.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    Love walking, I have a few podcasts that I listen to while I walk. Such a great mental break.

I like the podcast idea! My walking playlists need an update. lol