Off the wagon

Options
I need a little motivation. I was doing so good, lost 16 pounds, but now I’m gaining it all back after a big move and I’ve lost my will to get back on track. Does anyone have some words of wisdom? Or maybe wanna share how they convinced themselves to get back on track?

Replies

• amyjoan1
    amyjoan1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can only tell you what worked and works for me is positive self talk/affirmations. When I first started I really didn’t believe what I was telling myself but I kept doing it bc I wanted to! And telling myself everyday that I deserve good and I am worthy and all that started seeping in! And from there bc I felt better although it’s a process and continual one I wanted better and aimed for better! Not allowing the negative energy in and focusing one step a time has really helped me so much and today I am grateful!! Hopefully you can tell your mind the same and bring in the positive
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You mean move as in distance and a lot of work? Moving drives me nuts.

This happens to a lot of folks- they get in a groove and lose some weight. Then their routine gets disrupted. New job, new relationship, injury, move, and they don’t adjust to new circumstances. It’s ok, maybe normal to lose in stages.

Start like it’s day #1. Calculate a calorie deficit to lose 1lb per week. Then focus on your food diary. Defend the process. Keep your diary no matter what. Go over your number, even wildly over, keep your diary. You are never off track when everything is logged into your diary. The process is more important than the numbers.

We all make mistakes. Lots of ways- inadequate plans, loss of focus at critical times, misread NI, fatigue, even bad math. But keep the diary through it all. Trust the process.
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've gone off track many times!
    And it's super hard to restart and get motivated again.
    The biggest reason I pull myself back is because I KNOW I feel so much better when I take care of myself. It helps me mentally, physically, and can even help spiritually (if it's you're thing).

Just start.
    And don't beat yourself up if you have an off day, nobody is perfect. ;)
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I can’t even count the number of times I’ve fallen off the wagon with my weight loss. Usually, I have to give myself a little bit of tough love to get back on track. The truth is either I want this enough to work for it or I don’t. It’s not going to happen magically without any effort on my part so I can either start putting in the effort now or be upset in a month that I didn’t start sooner.

You know you are off track. In a month from now do you want to be wishing you had started today or do you want to be sharing your latest progress with all of us?