LIIFT4 with Beachbody

How would you log the work outs? Would you do circuit training? 🤔

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    you could split the time up and log some as strength and some as cardio.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2018
    Day 1 was roughly 17 mins Strength Training, and roughly 14 mins Calisthenics

Day 2 was roughly 25 mins Strength and 4 mins Calisthenics

Day 3 looks to be 20 mins Circuit Training and 4 mins Calisthenics

Day 4 looks to be similar to Day 1

(I am not counting warm up/cool down)
  • nicolemsuarez4
    nicolemsuarez4 Posts: 11 Member
    Hmmm ok that’s what I did the first 3 days but I was thinking it might be easier and possibly more accurate to log it as circuit. But if that’s not the general consensus then I guess I’ll keep doing what I was doing. Bummer.
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    How are you finding LIIFT 4 so far? I have 3 weeks left of Asylum Volume 2, and I was thinking of starting this program next.
  • nicolemsuarez4
    So far I really like it. It’s totally different from the other programs I’ve done (I have BOD so I’ve sampled a lot of them). I am just not a fan of having 3 days off so I sprinkle in some core de force 😬
  • shadow2soul
    edited October 2018
    Hmmm ok that’s what I did the first 3 days but I was thinking it might be easier and possibly more accurate to log it as circuit. But if that’s not the general consensus then I guess I’ll keep doing what I was doing. Bummer.

I’ve only done day 1 & 2 so far, but they seem more like supersets than circuits.
    With the exception of Day 3. I only quickly looked through the video, but that one seems to be either circuit training or intervals.
  • nicolemsuarez4
    I just broke it down with 17 min weight training, 10 minutes high intense cardio and 10 minutes calisthenics. There is no way that work out only burned 103 calories. I used 30 minutes of circuit training instead. Definitely way more accurate at 183 calories even though I probably burned more. Thanks for the insight everyone :)
  • nicolemsuarez4
    This was day 4, legs 50/50
  • shadow2soul
    edited October 2018
    I just broke it down with 17 min weight training, 10 minutes high intense cardio and 10 minutes calisthenics. There is no way that work out only burned 103 calories. I used 30 minutes of circuit training instead. Definitely way more accurate at 183 calories even though I probably burned more. Thanks for the insight everyone :)

Day 1 comparison for me:
    Fitbit NET burned (excluding warm up/cool down)= 201
    MFP Strength + Calisthenics = 171

For me that’s not a huge difference and it’s important to remember that strength training doesn’t actually burn tons of calories (even though it’s hard work) when you do it.

Circuit training gave me 338 which is definitely way too much IMO.

Day 2 comparison:
    Fitbit NET (excluding warm-up/cool down) = 128
    MFP Strength + Calisthenics = 103

I’d say it’s definitely hard, but not a huge calorie burner.
  • nicolemsuarez4
    Your numbers were way higher than mine with MFP
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    How would you log the work outs? Would you do circuit training? 🤔

I would just go with a Fitbit reading. Doing the workout is more important than what you log it as, anyway.
  • nicolemsuarez4
    I don’t have a Fitbit
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I’d log it as bootcamp style workout