Branch Challenge!!! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Habehandful
    Habehandful Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My post just got deleted. This has been the worst week.

Sorry I have been MIA.

My computer decided not to work. So I actually decided to go out and buy another one. But dont worry that one didnt come with a wireless card.
    SO I decided o what the hell, I am going to turn the one that I thought was broken back on for giggles. . Well what do ya know, it turned on.

Anyway, I noticed that everyone didnt know when to post their results. You can post them now.
    I guess I should have reiterrated how the posting worked. SInce you start the challenge at your midnight SUnday , you end the challenge at your midnight Friday. ANd then post thereafter. Does that make sense. I am sorry if there was any confusion.

I am going to post my results. I have to go add it up so as soon as I put my son to bed, it will be up.

Tex I heard about the storm. My mom got it, she said it was bad.
    Heather, defintion! Awesome. I bet you flex in the mirror. haha dont worry, I do too.

Okay, well im going to continue pouting about my computer and sit here and miss my hubby. ugh sorry personal pity party here.

How was everyone elses weekend?

O and I am going to post another challenge! This one is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    ok well i guess ill put my numbers up then.....im not really happy with them cuz there were days i didnt do any on top of my cardio and weight lifting routine. I started off the frist two days strong then kind got lazy and ended decently.....i need that push mid week lol

Push ups (all real on toes) 85
    Sit ups 140
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Okay here are my numbers.

Sit ups: 350
    Push ups: 30

I wish I would have done more push ups. Looking back, I only did them on Tuesday and Wednesday...eeesh.

I propose we do it again this week.
    Starting Sunday night your Midnight

Also..........

Here is the months challenge...........................................

For the entire month we are going to walk/run/cycle across America.
    Please go to this link and set up your user account.
    Then give me your user info.

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html

I will build our team.
    Browse the website. It takes a little bit to load. Or maybe its just my stupid computer.
    The idea is to walk/run/cycle and then log the distance.
    Once our team is built you can log in and see where everyone is located in their travels.
    The starting spot is I think Virgina.

Everyone has a different pace. But the idea is to motivate eachother.

I got my hubby on board. So it will be fun if we can get our hubbys to do it too. Even though my hubby can run circles around me, it will be nice to know that him and I are doing something together, seperately. :)

What does everyone think of this idea?
    It will take one or two day for this to get set up. But by Wednesday it will be good.

In the meantime, I think we should do the sit up push up challenge again, only this time, I think we should add a twist.
    How many sit ups can you do in 2 minutes.
    Again Monday - Friday.
    Situps in 2 mintues.
    Push ups -the basic- how many can you do?
  • olney75
    Options
    my user number is 67259 for the exercise across America site
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My totals:
    Situps: 200
    Pushups: 220

Gessa007's totals:
    Situps: 220
    Pushups: 220

Woohoo!! Go USMC!! ^_^

And I could do the walk america thing, but my marine can't...he's kind of deployed right now...:( I'll let you know my info once I set it up! :)
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Alright Hab do not worry about being MIA I hate when computers go wonky it is a bugga bear and at no point is it ever fun lol. Also very happy to hear your Mom was safe it was very scary around here

Ok let see push ups on toes ones only ?? I have 72

sit ups 194

probably could be better but umm yeah we are talking about some one that has almost 90lbs to lose thats a lot of weight to get up and down lol

Ok I am in for next weeks challenge and I guess for the month ...would love for hubby to be a part of it but he doesn't even have time to go workout after work like he normally does he is at a school that is kicking his tushy big time lol

my walk around the nation code is 67261

Yall are killing me within 2 minutes it takes that long to reset my pully system to get up and down lol ;)

I hope everyone is having a great day.
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    For the walk across america site : User ID 67268 aka GessaD
  • Habehandful
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to everyone. I think everyone did great.
    Here are the grand totals:
    ..............Olney(Heather).........Habe(Renae)...Texastae.....Gessa.......Lindsey
    P: ...................85..............................30......................72..............220.............220
    S:...................140............................350....................194.............220.............200

Do we not like the idea what the two mintues?
    How about for this week...lets try to up these numbers. So lets double these numbers. WE CAN DO IT.

No matter what weight we are at, I just want everyone to take a look at these numbers. These numbers represent that with hard work, dedication and support with some really great friends, you can achieve anything.
    So I propose we motivate eachother more. Lets get on here more and try to double these numbers.

And from now on no negative self talk. I think we can vent about stuff but no saying we suck or anything.

Finally, this walk across America thing, I have never done it but I think it will be really fun and interesting. WHat are everyones thoughts?

And dont fret if your hubby/bf cant do it. My hubby just happens to be doing a job where he can take part in it. I understand the hardships of school, TDY and other odds and ends of the military. WOw I sound like I have been doing this for years...no, try 3.

One last remark:
    I am going to throw another challenge into the ring. A diet challenge: Anyone have problems with drinking soda. I have my Dr. Pepper issue.
    No soda for the week.
    Monday-Monday. I think we can do it.

Okay done talking. Everyone have a good Monday.
    -Renae

O and we need a team name!! Any suggestions..........
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    The 2 min situp is a good idea... When we double our #s are we just gonna double are pushups or are we going to time 2 mins for situps PLUS double both of our original pushup/situp score?

Walking across america seems cool I checked it out last night. Me and Lindsey were wanting to do a Mile challenge anyway.

Uhm for a team name what about MilitaryBabes or something IDK pertaining to what we all have in common........
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    My user id is: 67286

And I like the 2 minute situp challenge except I already know I can't do situps for 2 minutes straight lol! But that's not gonna stop me from doing as many as I can!!!

AND OMGOSH!!!!! YOU GUYS!!! I got to talk to Jack today!!!!!!!! He called me and he told me how he was talking to his mom about me (she doesn't much like me...) and how he thinks I'm the one!!!!!!! ^_^ AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Oh and he totally thinks our little battle of the branches is awesome and I told him how I was the USMC captain and he liked that. :)

And I can totally do the no pop thing...I don't drink pop anyway...hahaha...so that's not much of a challenge for me.

Anywho...names...um...I like Gessa's idea...and I can't really think of any other names! Lol!
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Ok I will stop being a wimp and try the two minute challenge :)...not sure if I am going to be able to do the push up challenge we shall see I did something to my wrist tweeked sprained it something it is not being very friendly to me if it doesn't get a bit better soon then I am off to the doctor which is no fun at all

I am also ok with the coke challenge (I still get a hoot out of hearing it called Pop...it takes me awhile here when going through checkout I am from Texas but currently in Indiana would you like to keep your pop out I have finally stopped giving the people the crazy look....but they do continue to give me the crazy look when I ask them what kind of coke they have because ummm yeah everything is coke where I come from lol)

I only drink about one / two a week its normally I have been shopping treat thing....I think maybe for next weeks challenge we should all think of something that we could give up like sweets, coffee, coke aka pop.

So how is everyone doing on their food plans and workouts? I was doing really good until yesterday the mental part of this kicked my butt well actually I think it was waking up with no voice, my wrist etc. and that the lady time is about to start that I decided I must have cheesecake and then decided I am going to be pitiful and not do a darn thing so I wallowed and felt sorry for myself and I am on a mission today to get back onto it

So for the walking challenge thing is everyone trying to walk a certain amount of miles per week etc. or are yall getting a pedometer and tracking your steps for the day?? I am thinking about doing both except for the fact that the time that I want to go to the gym is when all of my husbands soldiers are there and I always feel like they think I am spying on them (IDK its just odd the need a new PT time haha) I just try to go the butt crack of dawn early before everyone gets there its a small gym and you have to be cut throat to get the good machines

To Lindsey...that is wonderful about your OH (other half I just learned that I have always heard SO) awww that is so sweet had to make you jump up and down

Names:

Chasing after our men in uniform

we could do a spin on the high heel and combat boots or flip flops and combat boots and do something like tennis shoes and combat boots

the hearts behind the camo

might be 2 much but I hear this often : sexually deprived for your freedom

Ok that is all I got as it now time for my coffee and to get going :) hope everyone is having a great week
  • Habehandful
    Options
    WHat about this team name- Running the Homefront: Military Wives
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Im going to clear a few things up.

First off.

Hooray to Lindsey!!! THis is a big deal!
    We just might have to throw you a Bachlorette party Via computer style. Yea it will be awesome. LOL okay Im jumping ahead.
    Okay so the mom, not so into you. But your not with the mom, your with the guy. She will learn to love you. If not, o well. Its her loss.
    Ask any wife. Its how marriage works. You roll with the punches.

Push up sit up challenge. Yea im so not doing it. ugh. Ive been so freakin busy. But hey we do what we can.
    If you are doing it.
    Sit ups- its the 2 minute challenge
    Push ups- same as last week.

Walk across America-
    I have not heard back from many of you about the team name. I am going to wait until the end of this evening. If I get nothing else, Im just going to pick one of these...
    I have Military Babes,
    The hearts behind the camo,
    Tennis shoes and combat boots,
    Running the Homefront: Military Wives,
    Sexually Deprived for your Freedom

Tomorrow the team will be up.

Please start logging your miles.

YOu can do it anyway you like.
    If you want to wear a pedometer thats okay.
    If you just want to log from what you do in the gym that works too.

Once the team is up you can see where everyone else is at.
    I will put everyone IDs up as well.

Okay hope everyone is doing well.

O and finally how is everyone doing on the soda thing. I totally forgot about it and had a Amaretto and coke last night. oops. ANd I never drink alcohol or soda.

-Renae
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. ^_^ I'm still so excited about him saying that!! SOO EXCITED!! :D
    And yeah...his mom's...just difficult. But I won't go into that on here. >.<

So as for team name, I like the Hearts Behind the Camo one or what about Military Misses?? Or what about Love is Camo (you know like how people say Love is Blind?) Yeah just a thought...

And this has been such a bad week for me...>.< I haven't even started on the challenge for this week. But I going to today! Actually getting ready to do my daily workout routine (which I haven't done since Sunday...) here in a little bit (which includes pushups and situps.)

Gonna start logging my miles tonight too! :)

Well anyways, hope everyone's having a more successful week than I am!!
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Any name yall want is good with me...I also like the hearts behind the camo lol...my challenge is kind of wimpy here I have a slight sprain in my wrist it is getting better but even typing is a pain in the tush so I am a big old wimp...I hope everyone is doing great
  • olney75
    Options
    i havnt been doing the 2 min challenge, but i have been logging all of my running and biking i do! ....any name is fine with me.....so far im doing AWESOME on the soda challenge!!! (i dont drink soda anyways lol)
  • Habehandful
    Options
    OKay Hearts Behind the Camo it is.

SOrry, I have been soooo busy with the FRG. We have a new Commander. Audit time. ugh.

OKay im making the team RIGHT NOW.
    Start logging NOW

Ready GOOOO!

Yea its been a whimpy week for me too.
    I think every now and then we can have those.

Although I have lost 2 LBS HOORAY!

Although I freakin hate when people say.....o you look great....but then say, "are you eating" shut the F up. Yes Im eating. Im just eating a lot better than you.
    O m gosh im sorry. Its just irritating. I dont eat doritos or fast food.
    I love veggies and bananas etc.
    And at night, I eat dark chocolate.

Anyway,
    since this week is coming to a close. Does anyone else have a challenge? Something different?
    The Walk across America is up and Running...in 20 minutes I promise.
    But mini challenges...any ideas?

Lindsey...Im soo happy for you.
    Heather...you rock- have you kept a paper log- or are you logging on the website?
    Tex....Do you have a clinic close to you? Your no wimp. Sprained wrists suck. Drink lots of OJ- Vit C and Make Motrin your best friend.

-Renae
  • Habehandful
    Options
    OKay the Team is up

We are: Hearts Behind the Camo

Start logging your miles.
    4063 miles Virginia - Oregon

Here are all the ID numbers

Heather: 67259
    Tex: 67268
    Lindsey: 67286
    Gessa: 67268
    Renae: 67258
  • olney75
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just found out my 5 year high school reunion is in January!!! A. i cant believe im already going to a high school reunion and B...............I NEED TO GET IN MAD SHAPE BEFORE THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Heather,
    SOmething that I do to help tone up some areas is doing short sprints.
    My husband actually got me into it.

Most people run for a long time in the gym every day for weeks on end and dont get quick results.
    I was doing the same thing and getting really frustrated. As I was doing this, my husband was doing what he was always doing and well looking fantastic while doing it. I finally asked him what he was doing.

I was being the- I can do it myself wife types..yea well- that ended quicky

He took me to gym. Showed me to do short busts of running at high intensity followed by slow 60 sec of walking intervals.
    You basically do this until you either cant do it anymore, or in my case, 20 minutes were up.

So for example.

Run @ 5.0 for 60 sec
    Walk @ 4.0 for 120 sec
    Sprint @ 6.0 for 45 sec
    Walk @ 2.5 for 60 sec
    Sprint @6.0 for 60 sec
    Run @ 4.5 for 120 sec
    Walk @3.0 for 60 sec

Now Im short- so 4.5 is a slow run for me LOL
    But you get the idea

The idea is to trick your muscles.
    Do not incline or decline the tredmil.
    Do this 3 times a week.
    I promise you that in 1 month- you will notice a difference.

Dont forget to add your push ups, sit ups and squats in there. You dont even have to use weights when you squat. I do but most trainers say your body weight is fine. Although I beg to differ.

You will be walk into that room like "o yea"