Being older and losing weight

Is it harder?
Im 50 and feel like im trying to use it as an excuse but is it actually true? Is it/should it be harder at my age, im doing well so far but have 15 lbs to go to get to my target but keeping it going is proving tough, marraige next year is giving me inspiration.

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    I'm 49, I started with my weight loss last Sept. I've lost 35#, and that included being (unintentionally and unplanned) on maintenance for the summer. I've lost weight before a couple of times, this 35# is the most I've ever lost at once, I don't find it any harder then I have in the past, if I eat how I should, it comes off. period. I know easier said them done, but that is really all it boils down to.
    But to answer your question, I don't find it harder this time then when I was younger.
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    I don't think age makes a bit of difference!
    The only thing that can make it difficult, is injuries, health issues, etc., and even then, logging the food you eat is something all of us can do!
    Getting married sounds like a great motivator to get started!
    Congrats and good luck!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Thats normal when you don’t have much more weight to lose. I’m way younger with at least 15 pounds to lose and the scale is fighting me, it hasn’t been easy! Keep going don’t get discouraged.
  • Mishilovescolours
    Mishilovescolours Posts: 32 Member
    I am post menapausal and losing weight is easy enough for me. As long as I eat sensibly. I have a long way to go, but I don’t think she is s barrier.